• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The harsh reality..........

Thames Valley Red

We pull the strings at this football club, the directors might not feel they have to pander to us, but taking emotion out of this for a moment, we should seriously consider taking them down a peg. The debt to the Trust is massive both financial and emotional, many members have been taken for granted for a long time, people even scoff at people like 'Rightwing'; yes he is fed up but he knows that people are not pulling their weight.

If you want to reverse our slide we need to either support the the management, or remove the management. I '4 1' believe the manager does serve sometime and respect. However, there needs to be a change in style and focus. I would hope the Trust board have a view from the manager of the 'next six-months', the cracks in the squad are there for all to see. They could be fixed and require some remedial action.

To do this we need to cut the squad numbers down and we need to refresh, we need to wheel and deal. We also need to fund and support the change.

If you want to moan you are wasting your time, it is time for constructive action. Big numbers for Yeovil and huge support.

Come on Tizza rip a strip out of those slightly under perfoming and remind them that 70% of that team got to the edge of the play-offs! We are slightly under achieving and we need the players to dig in and kick on!

UTC

TVR

A Slacker

Monday should have been one of the highlights of the season - big bank holiday crowd and a degree of local rivalry. In reality it will be another sub 5000 crowd and two poor teams in a genuine 6 pointer.

I hope that Tis shakes things up a bit - he will have to without Hackett and Coles. Already looking forward to it and I will be there at my lungbusting best.

Come on you reds.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good post,

Time for Tis' to get rid of the sh*t like Tully, Jones and Logan. They're League 2 players at their best. I also have my doubts on O'Flynn, though I hope to be proved wrong in 2012.

As for the youngsters, Nichols, Shepherd, McNish need to go out on loan if they're to improve. Lower L2/Top BSP is their current limit IMO.

Why Tis' isn't playing Bennett and Keohane more regularly I don't know. Bennett looked solid against Tranmere and took his goal well. As for Keohane, I thought he looked sharp and lively against what was a very strong Liverpool side. Yet Tis' hasn't played him since.

To sum up, Tis' is over-playing too much of the sh*t too often, and not playing the young, promising players enough.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Time for Tis' to get rid of the sh*t like Tully, Jones and Logan.
But they didn't start the game. We were already 2-0 down by the time Tully came on.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
But they didn't start the game. We were already 2-0 down by the time Tully came on.
But they're still wasting the wage budget, which could be better spent elsewhere.

Kingsman

TVR since when did the Trust run the club? Theory is one thing, practice another. However I do agree with you 2012 should be the year that the Trust regained the club.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure we have been here before. At the end if the day there is a god 4-5 grand a week being wasted imo. He needs to be strong and try and offload a few, there will.be takers for Logan, tully, goldie, Jones etc. Maybe he could even ditch his mate Marcus who is clearly not working for pennies. Get rid of the likes of Keohane, sheps etc if they're not good enough. Use the money wisely.he is the one who chose a new pitch over a larger budget so he has to take sine blame.

denzil

We pull the strings at this football club, the directors might not feel they have to pander to us, but taking emotion out of this for a moment, we should seriously consider taking them down a peg. The debt to the Trust is massive both financial and emotional, many members have been taken for granted for a long time, people even scoff at people like 'Rightwing'; yes he is fed up but he knows that people are not pulling their weight.

If you want to reverse our slide we need to either support the the management, or remove the management. I '4 1' believe the manager does serve sometime and respect. However, there needs to be a change in style and focus. I would hope the Trust board have a view from the manager of the 'next six-months', the cracks in the squad are there for all to see. They could be fixed and require some remedial action.

To do this we need to cut the squad numbers down and we need to refresh, we need to wheel and deal. We also need to fund and support the change.

If you want to moan you are wasting your time, it is time for constructive action. Big numbers for Yeovil and huge support.

Come on Tizza rip a strip out of those slightly under perfoming and remind them that 70% of that team got to the edge of the play-offs! We are slightly under achieving and we need the players to dig in and kick on!

UTC

TVR
Excellent post for the start of 2012 - We've far too much dead wood (or potential) taking far too much of a very small budget - we need points asap.

I have a sneaking feeling the scouting system at Exeter is rather crap. The last decent non-league signing was.....??? Harley??

Fook. If I'm right that is really poor.

denzil

I have a sneaking feeling the scouting system at Exeter is rather crap. The last decent non-league signing was.....??? Harley??

Fook. If I'm right that is really poor.
Every new manager to City has said that the scouting system is poor and/or non existent and very little appears to alter from decade to decade. We seem to rely on SP popping off in his car and if he doesn't then that's it. I may be totally wrong and we have a network covering western europe but I somehow doubt it. Our success in finding 'gems' that we bring on and sell on has dried up of late and we haven't made money on many of the recent ones. Drawing board any one ?