• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Flouncing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks Hants.

As you say very unfortunate that constructive debate was overtaken by over personalised attacks.

I hope if we need to refer to a different E d that the xx override will not be misconstrued. :)
I tried flouncing once but didn't get away with it.

iscalad

I tried flouncing once but didn't get away with it.
If at first you don't succeed etc

IndoMike

If at first you don't succeed etc
Now you've made me cry...

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks Hants.

As you say very unfortunate that constructive debate was overtaken by over personalised attacks.

I hope if we need to refer to a different E d that the xx override will not be misconstrued. :)
Sad that Mr G has left, particularly someone who was a passionate advocate of fan engagement

However he wasn't innocent in the 'dishing it out' stakes, whether to other Exewebbers, to members of the City hierarchy or to the Trust in general.

I think a lot of people were willing to engage with him and had genuine interest in his ideas. There was frequent encouragement for him to put some meat on the bones that he was throwing, but not much came back in terms of specifics.

I wonder if he may reappear in a different guise in the years to come, once he has a consortium assembled?

iscalad

Now you've made me cry...
😭

fred binneys head

I wouldn’t cry for long about this one, Al. Mr XX seemed extremely capable of giving it but equally incapable of receiving it. No loss to Exeweb.

Alistair20000

I wouldn’t cry for long about this one, Al. Mr XX seemed extremely capable of giving it but equally incapable of receiving it. No loss to Exeweb.
No tears Freddie but I regret any loss of posters. Takes all sorts and sometimes the other guy might just have a point

fred binneys head

If they’re not capable of engaging in debate, or are so thin skinned that they melt at the first sign of heat, then the place is better off without them.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
IMHO, if someone signs up to a forum in their own name, and then would like their account and mentions of them deleted, it means either:

a) They didn't engage in good faith
b) They have said things that they either don't mean, or know full well will come back to haunt them later
c) They don't understand the GDPR laws, and are merely setting out to be difficult

It's not a good look for someone that wanted to be part of the running of the trust/club to no longer wish to be associated with their own words.

Last edited:

iscalad

IMHO, if someone signs up to a forum in their own name, and then would like their account and mentions of them deleted, it means either:

a) They didn't engage in good faith
b) They have said things that they either don't mean, or know full well will come back to haunt them later
c) They don't understand the GDPR laws, and are merely setting out to be difficult

It's not a good look for someone that wanted to be part of the running of the trust/club but no longer wish to be associated with their own words.
He wanted to get rid of Grecian the Lion. Didn't get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.