• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Exeter City transfer deadline day multiple signings mega-thread

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So, how many signings do we think we will make tomorrow then? None, one, two or more and in what positions?

Personally I think we need two as a minimum but have this nagging feeling we will miss out in true disappointing fashion. Priority for me is a central midfielder you can run and tackle and I'd also like to see another striker. At the beginning of the season I thought Watkins, Simpson and McAlinden would be enough but we need more.

There must be a large number of players listed for a loan deal so I'd like to think we could get someone from the likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Reading etc

Come on Tis, earn you dough....

Ash

I'd like 10, we'll get 0.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Given the lack of quality in this seasons squad (Wheeler , Watkins & Holmes apart) I'd like to see improvements made in all areas

That won't happen

The main area we need help is centre midfield were crying out for a ball winner somebody who can raise the crowd winning a 50-50 somebody willing to kick somebody up in the air

That won't happen

We need a proven centre forward given Watkins is playing out wide , Simpsons career record tells you he's a 1 in 6 man and McAlinden is a youngster making his way - Rueben Reid is still free

It won't happen

The likely hood is we will bring in some kid from a reading or similar on loan who's identical in terms of what he does to the rest as that's what normally happens - or it will be somebody who's been here before and not done anything since he's left but given were desperate he can have another go

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok so I am going to predict we will sign a young midfielder from Reading and Jamie Cureton will sign on a free from Farnborough!

LOG

I heard a rumour that a defender and a midfielder will arrive tomorrow. After tonight though, i'm slightly worried that the midfielder is Tisdale.

Antony Moxey

Obviously disappointing and obvious thread is obvious.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard a rumour that a defender and a midfielder will arrive tomorrow. After tonight though, i'm slightly worried that the midfielder is Tisdale.
Any names mentioned?

LOG

Any names mentioned?
No, which makes it a very **** rumour.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, which makes it a very **** rumour.
Fair enough, it just makes a change to have some potential deadline day activity, even if they do end up being pants.

Alistair20000

Any chance of recalling Donkey Coles from retirement ? (rofl)