• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Devon league table at this moment...

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
and 1,667 for the Trophy game.
Argyle took 300 to the Trophy game this year :$

Southampton Gull

Argyle's official site says:

2,230 City last year (11th December)
1,938 Torquay yesterday

And ours was all ticket and strictly policed, following it all kicking off the game before.

The league game was sh*te last year for atmosphere, I'll admit that, but that was prurely down to reserved seating sh*te. The banter between zoo corner and city fans at the JPT was amazing, ask any Argyle fan that was a quality atmosphere. The fact it was JPT is irrelvant - if anything it proves the point that the proper Devon rivalry is between red and green - that the match was in the tinpot was pretty much irrelevant, it was all down to the undiluted fact that we hate them, and they hate us!
Max, we had literally hundreds of fans in the home areas, our numbers were easily more than yours. Ours was subject to the same regulations as yours, buy your ticket and sit in the seat number given, we still sang louder than you, Tinpot, League, ****** on the coach/train whatever excuse you come up with, we are Number 1 now, face facts :D

Grecian Max

Which shows how sh!te you are when we all know we'd rip your ragtag side to bits :D

TUFC = Still Number 1 side in Devon despite all Greek protestations ;)
More realistically it'd be a tight game. The gap between L2 and L1 is quite big, certainly more so than Conf - L2.

We're not all that in L1, but I think it would make for intresting match. The PSF didn't really mean anything, other than our players were stupidly unfit having ****** about in Norway for a week or so (awful preparation from ECFC for the season cost us big time at the start of 11/12)

When we got promoted from L2 (in 2nd) I believed we had a decent side, certainly we'd played some great football, won plenty away, had a good home record etc. 09/10 was hard to watch as the physicality of League One took it's toll and we no longer dominated games. If you do go up (and I'd genuinely love it if you did) you'll find out sooner rather than later, maybe you might stay up this time ;)

Southampton Gull

Why would you want us to go up just as you're set to drop down? Scared we'll show you up as we're Devon's Number 1 club now?

(Serious part- We're not ready for League 1 yet, on or off the pitch, but we're running along quite nicely and the football is great to watch, in O'Kane we have someone destined for much higher levels than we'll ever be able to provide him with so we're enjoying the privilege of seeing him play in our side for the time being)

grecianfaniow

Torquay Devons number 1 club ha ha ha ha! delusional....

Southampton Gull

Torquay Devons number 1 club !!
I am a delusional f*ckwit....
Edited for the usuals ;)

Antony Moxey

Did you seriously say "JPT"? PMSL, come on Maxy, are you kidding me?
And don't you lot still keep on about a pre-season friendly? Seriously, a pre-season friendly??? Now THAT is funny!

Southampton Gull

And don't you lot still keep on about a pre-season friendly? Seriously, a pre-season friendly??? Now THAT is funny!
Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh !!!

Antony Moxey

Not having that - you're not the only Turk who refers to that game: whoosh denied.

:p

Southampton Gull

Not having that - you're not the only Turk who refers to that game: whoosh denied.

:p
I'll raise your denial with a