• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Devon league table at this moment...

argylepaul

You mug.
Get in L1 and try and compete week in week out with your tiny crowds.
Cant wait for next season with, at absolute worst, 6 points of Torquay and being a division above Scum Argyle
As opposed to your average crowd, which is only 1500 odd more.
And whilst I am on here, and open to some Steve Flack from Torquay fans.
Well done on your double. The better team by far on both occasions, and a great away turn-out at Home Park. Enjoy the result, and what it means in the Devon football side of things.

Grecian_Harry

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, unfortunately if everything was done on form, Man City, and United wouldn't be sat on top of the premier league. You gulls are really pushing for this "Best team in Devon" title, unfortunately for you boys, you will have to be in league one to be superior to us....

Southampton Gull

1. Gulls
2. Greeks
3. Greens

On current form and general ability....

:D
You forgot to add vocal support to that list, even the Gargs were saying how much louder than the Greeks we were, more of us there too :D

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not true SG, but good try - we had another block than you, 2,300 odd I believe for the league game. And that was all ticket with tight controls to our 'relationship' with Argyle - hardly the sameas letting your happy clappy lot to turn up and pay on the gate ;)

And the noise at the JPT game was what a derby match should be like, ask any Argyle fan that. The league game was sh*te because we had sh*tty reserved seating.

Last edited:

Southampton Gull

Stop it Max, you didn't fill up your end, I was there remember? In fact I was probably the closest one to you in the Mayflower that day and there was definitely more of us there than you took. Don't forget, there were also hundreds of us dotted all over the place yesterday, our fans can mix with the Gargs during the "Friendly Derby" :D

We also had to endure the reserved seating bollox and still made much more noise than you and the Gargs could together.

Did you seriously say "JPT"? PMSL, come on Maxy, are you kidding me?

TUFC = Number 1 in Devon, on and off the pitch ;)

les.gtfc

So, going by that logic we're better than all 3 of you. ;)

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argyle's official site says:

2,230 City last year (11th December)
1,938 Torquay yesterday

And ours was all ticket and strictly policed, following it all kicking off the game before.

The league game was sh*te last year for atmosphere, I'll admit that, but that was prurely down to reserved seating sh*te. The banter between zoo corner and city fans at the JPT was amazing, ask any Argyle fan that was a quality atmosphere. The fact it was JPT is irrelvant - if anything it proves the point that the proper Devon rivalry is between red and green - that the match was in the tinpot was pretty much irrelevant, it was all down to the undiluted fact that we hate them, and they hate us!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We took 2,230 in the L1 game, and 1,667 for the Trophy game.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
The very concept of Torquay considering themselves #1 in Devon at the moment is a joke. I mean, you're not even in the L2 playoffs FFS.

Southampton Gull

The very concept of Torquay considering themselves #1 in Devon at the moment is a joke. I mean, you're not even in the L2 playoffs FFS.
Which shows how sh!te you are when we all know we'd rip your ragtag side to bits :D

TUFC = Still Number 1 side in Devon despite all Greek protestations ;)