• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The dampening down expectations thread

IBA

A K A the not getting carried away thread.

I think that's there a danger of this team which is full of youngsters being compared to some of the greatest ever Exeter City teams of '77 and 1990. And consequently there being severe disappointment and backlash if we don't reach those dizzy heights.

Let's take the pressure off the players and enjoy the rest of the season and don't get on the players and managers back if we're not scoring five goals or winning every game.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
After more than 40 Years of following by beloved ECFC my Expectations are constantly dampened I can assure you 🤐

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
After more than 40 Years of following by beloved ECFC my Expectations are constantly dampened I can assure you 🤐
You and me both. #1968

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
You and me both. #1968
I cant beat that ISCA early 70's for me

IBA

Sorry people , but this thread seems strangely prophetic tonight.

dontpassback

As with a lot of talented young players they may blow hot and cold,so we can’t expect Barcelona type performances every week,but if they play to potential on a regular basis we could have a very good season

Grecian Max

They'll be fine, we have an excellent squad with more than enough senior players in it - every time we've lost we've bounced straight back. There's hype, because they are that good, 39 goals at this point is ridiculous.

GJW

Silly little stat I’ve unearthed. We have played 18 games and have 30 points. Last season after 18 games we had 30 points and the season before after 18 games we had 30 points. Consistent. The only big difference this season is our large goal difference compared to the previous 2 seasons. May come in handy later on. Keep banging them in, even if we lose.

denzel

Maybe the 10 day break comes at the right time, not least for us to get some defenders fit.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the 10 day break comes at the right time, not least for us to get some defenders fit.
Our defenders are all fit.