• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Club

Ecfc man

well said

"Sorry PeteUSA I disagree. There are moaners at SJP but they are out-numbered by people who recognise what PT has done for us. If we do go down- which is an issue I am probably more pessimistic about than some on here- I believe PT will stay and the Club and majority of fans will be glad about that.

You also need to ask yourself whether, if we do go down, it will be PT's fault. I'm sure he would have preferred Gill, Moxey, Friend and Seaborne not to have left but the Club had no choice. It seems quite clear that only a part of the fees received for players gets given back to the playing budget and it may well therefore be the case that the Manager is having to operate in a much more expensive higher division with one hand tied behind his back.

I'm not one of those who regards PT or the team as being above criticism, particularly after some recent performances, and share the frustrations of many at the lack of incomings. However, it is imperative that whatever the rest of the season holds, fans remain in support of the team and Manager."

this man speaks the truth

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
tisdale is the best man for the job here... NO QUESTION!! Relegation or not!

No question eh? if we are relegated you wait and see how quickly the question is asked...

Ecfc man

Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher,Paul Tisdale

Grecian2K

Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher,Paul Tisdale
Wasn't aware Tis had ever been a Tory Prime Minister?

Ecfc man

All had their undying supporters that turned on them when time moved on!

Hammer44

tisdale is the best man for the job here... NO QUESTION!! Relegation or not!
Agree. Adding to what I have already said earlier If Tis was honest we were proberly promoted a season earlier then he expected so this season was always going to tough.

Pete I always like your posts because they sometimes make me laugh but your comments about Tis are not deserved and he deserves more loyalty then that!

dommers

No question eh? if we are relegated you wait and see how quickly the question is asked...
Am not sure those asking the questions will be any different to now although perhaps more vocal.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Would Tisdale get sacked if City went down , id doubt very much and rightly so , he's done a fantastic job to get us where we are now....if we went down it would be gutting no doubt , because playing the likes of Leeds , Norwich , Southampton etc doesnt come along very often.......

but if we do we do , we regroup and win league 2

GRECIANS1904

If we did go down and sacked Tis we are back to square 1 new manager who has to get a side playing together players will leave etc. Where as if we strengthen the squad now and we get relegated Tis has a better chance of coming straight back up, then on the other hand we should stay in this league if we belive in ourselves more.

Perhaps we could have some funds available if poss (Norwich and Saints buying our players at 6 figure fee's) taken into the equation the size of the club maybe we could afford to buy off conference l2 sides 50k etc.

Must admit its nice that people seem to take an interest in ECFC im in the midlands and the amount of people now looking at our results has increased just gotta get them down 4 a game

Ian_Woodward

My point exactly OC. I also dont give a sh*t what the likes of Woodward or Lister have to say. If we continue to slide, you might have the select exeweb few who cant understand the point I'm making, and will keep putting 'in Tiz we trust' at the end of their posts to the very end. The reaction of the dwindling attendances in general though wont continue to pay their hard earned money, watching City slip further into trouble. Who always gets the blame? The manager. If we get relegated, he'll be gone, sooner rather than later.
Dwindling attendances? How do you work that one out? They have hardly changed at all.

It's not a select few is it, pretty much everyone has agreed on here that if we get relegated he should stay.

When we were in the conference you said we would get promoted. When we were in league 2 you said there was no way we'd make the play offs. You said Paul Jones was useless. No wonder no-one takes you seriously.