• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently Mad Nad is offering the BBC to the lowest bidder...
As long as
1) They are called Rupert (Murdoch preferably, but Soames at a push)
2) She is guaranteed the gig on the BBC Breakfast sofa once her electorate have kicked her out on her sad, sagging ar$e
With a majority close to 25,000 it seems improbable that the Mid Bedfordshire voters will give her the The Elbow.

tavyred

“Sagging ar$e” ?
Oh Dear.
#casualmisogyny

Grecian2K

“Sagging ar$e” ?
Oh Dear.
#casualmisogyny
Not at all.

I hope with equal vehemence that the good voters of Uxbridge kick your precious Johnson out on HIS sorry sagging ar$e.
When it comes to matters of CONservative posterior upholstery I am an equal opportunities disliker.

lamrobhero

Nadine Dorries influence ?

THE BBC has refused to comment after being accused of a news "blackout" on a Conservative peer's house being raided by police.
The broadcaster was criticised online for its lack of coverage of allegations surrounding Michelle Mone and the UK Government's "VIP lane" for PPE contracts.
The National (behind paywall)

angelic upstart

Nadine Dorries influence ?

THE BBC has refused to comment after being accused of a news "blackout" on a Conservative peer's house being raided by police.
The broadcaster was criticised online for its lack of coverage of allegations surrounding Michelle Mone and the UK Government's "VIP lane" for PPE contracts.
The National (behind paywall)
Nah, I reckon it's the beeb being careful after what happened with Cliff Richard. Cost them 2 mill from memory.

lamrobhero

Nah, I reckon it's the beeb being careful after what happened with Cliff Richard. Cost them 2 mill from memory.
Thanks for that I didn't realise the Cliff judgement was so wide ranging.

angelic upstart

Thanks for that I didn't realise the Cliff judgement was so wide ranging.

I'm doing this from memory, but he sued the BBC for naming him when he wasn't charged with anything and invading privacy etc. I suspect they're just being careful with MM as they don't want a repeat of it all.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seen it suggested Mone has taken out an injunction to prevent reporting of the raid. Not sure on what basis this would have been obtained but it seems not entirely implausible.

IndoMike

Well, at first glance, and with several results to be declared, it looks like Labour has done Ok, Tories not so badly as I expected/hoped, and the "minor" parties quite well.
Based purely on the results thus far I wouldn't be over-concerned if I was a Tory (God forbid) - mid-term 'n all- but with the oncoming economic downfall, higher unemployment, rising prices, and total lack of any evidence to suggest that Brexit was a good idea, things can only get worse for them (...and the country)

Mr Jinx

Lot of talk today around the announcement of the new Dr Who. Wailers are exceedingly frothy...many to the tune of Defund Now.

I don't think it makes much difference...many tuned out some time ago; it was rubbish under Whittaker. And besides, do you know anyone under 15 who still watches the BBC? My kids don't even know what the terrestrial channels are.