• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It would be interesting to see the democratic age of households that do pay.
I would expect the under 30s to be the least likely to buy a TV licence.I know a few who just use the online streaming services.
I expect it’s been a diminishing number of TV licence payers over the past few years.

I also know of few my age who do not bother with the TV License,just ignoring the reminders & threatening letters.The chances of being caught out are minimal due to the shear number of non compliance.
It would be interesting to know the average age. I do know that there are roughly 1 million less licenses being paid for than in 2017/2018 when I reckon it was at it's highest level.

Grecian2K

Just interested, because like the BBC & the Royals, in my eyes, they should remain impartial where possible.
Fair comment au.
But, at the end of the day, the BBC (like the Royals) have always known which side of their bread is buttered.
And they inevitably, albeit semi-subconsciously, know they have to keep the holders of the butter knife compliant.

geoffwp

The difference between the BBC and the royals is that the beeb is actually useful and relevant.

tavyred

Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis forced to apologise again for breaking the BBC’s charter rules on endorsing political tweets. 🙄

Mr Jinx

When the Daily Mail recommends that you just stop paying the TV license (assuming you no longer watch the BBC) to save money, you know it's game over for the current model.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

When the Daily Mail recommends that you just stop paying the TV license (assuming you no longer watch the BBC) to save money, you know it's game over for the current model.

Whenever the Daily Mail suggests anything I know it's time to do the opposite...

Mr Jinx

Whenever the Daily Mail suggests anything I know it's time to do the opposite...
Just like me and the Graun. But more people read the Wail.

DB9

Just like me and the Graun. But more people read the Wail.
And the demographic of Mail readers is one of a certain age and if they watch TV, It is unlikely they'd pay for streaming services like Amazon Prime or Netflix. This constant beating of the BBC is really pathetic, Fine if you don't like it but to try and defund it is as stupid to me as those that wanted to defund the Police, Seems to me some don't like the BBC because they get too near the truth to those who'd rather see them disappear. There are probably things they do that i don't agree with but to want them not exist is too much because all we're left with would be TV stations owned by owners of The Sun, Mail and Express and I'm sure they'd give a fair, Balanced view! :rolleyes:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Having to pay for something or face some sort of fine I don't use is ridiculous tbh.

On our Freeview boxes there is the option to delete channels which I have done so they cant be watched.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Having to pay for something or face some sort of fine I don't use is ridiculous tbh.

On our Freeview boxes there is the option to delete channels which I have done so they cant be watched.
It's called public ownership...