• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's what i said, His obviously heartbroken brother said perhaps his lifestyle of not looking after himself might have been the cause of his death rather than these news channels saying it was because the BBC moved him from his show. To me this is BBC Bashing at its lowest.
Indeed.

Using his death for some BBC bashing point scoring is low in and of itself, but Steve Wright clearly loved the Beeb which makes the usual culture war vultures using his death gains them all the more unsavoury.

Reactions: DB9

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyway, scuttle off back to your 'I wish all the old white men DJs were left in place forever' angry place.
Ok, I'll throw down a glove...

Please name me of one instance when someone that isn't straight, white, male & old has been replaced by someone that is all of those things. And that's not just in radio. I'll be generous and say any area of media.

If you can't, then please give the next best example.

DB9

Please name me of one instance when someone that isn't straight, white, male & old has been replaced by someone that is all of those things. And that's not just in radio. I'll be generous and say any area of media.

Vernon Kay, He's nearly 50.

Oldsmobile-88

Vernon Kay, He's nearly 50.
Beat me to it 😁

• Haha

Oldsmobile-88

Also Rick Edwards(44) replaced Nicky Campbell on R5L early morning show last year.

DB9

Also can't remember who he took over from but Jeremy Vine (58), Also I think Gary Davies (66) on the sounds of the 80's i think took over from Sara Cox?

Oldsmobile-88

Also can't remember who he took over from but Jeremy Vine (58), Also I think Gary Davies (66) on the sounds of the 80's i think took over from Sara Cox?
Jeremy Vine took over from Jimmy Young(JY) Though that was sometime ago..20 years ?

DB9

Jeremy Vine took over from Jimmy Young(JY) Though that was sometime ago..20 years ?
He's still White, Straight and old, Jinxy's criteria.

Oldsmobile-88

He's still White, Straight and old, Jinxy's criteria.
Mr J has set question that could be on a game show.Criteria 0-2, 2-4, 5 & above 😁

• Haha

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

Greg James replaced Nick Grimshaw as Radio 1 breakfast show host in 2018.

But more to the point, why the feck does it matter?

Last edited: