• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah there goes BB...always believing the "official narrative"...bless
Out of genuine interest, What is the "Real Narrative"? FWIW I don't listen to Radio 2 anymore, I'm just not into the presenters but i take that as my age now, Those on there now are old 90's Radio 1 DJ's in the main, That is when i stopped listening to them (Except for Mark & Lard) so i was too old for R1 in the 90's and now i feel I'm too old for R2 today, I guess that's what happens. You can't say its diversity really as you only have to look at R2's line up and they all have one thing in common. Times move on and us old farts don't like change.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah there goes BB...always believing the "official narrative"...bless
As opposed to the Jinxy narrative, yes I will.

Keaveny did jump before he was pushed, it was well documented. Lamacq, you've just made up (as you have a tendency to do).

Anyway, scuttle off back to your 'I wish all the old white men DJs were left in place forever' angry place.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Keaveny did jump before he was pushed, it was well documented. Lamacq, you've just made up (as you have a tendency to do).

Anyway, scuttle off back to your 'I wish all the old white men DJs were left in place forever' angry place.
In Jigzy's defence, with the departure of that late Steve Wright the ExeWeb Politics Thread aeems the only current home for our own "Mr Angry" at the moment. (Same possibly also applies to our West Devon "Old Woman".)
I suspect they are just using this site as a CV in the hope the GBeebies come a knockin'

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't he go on to sponsor the Mercedes F1 team?
Proud Roman, so I think it was Ferrari

Grecian2K

Proud Roman, so I think it was Ferrari
No. That was Lewis Hamilton.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

Wait till he hears about the new overground line names. He'll have to boycott them now as well.

DB9

I see the usual suspects news channels are blaming the BBC for Steve Wright's passing :rolleyes: , Personally I'd listen more to what his own brother said:

iscalad

I see the usual suspects news channels are blaming the BBC for Steve Wright's passing :rolleyes: , Personally I'd listen more to what his own brother said:

His brother doesn't say that.

Mr Jinx

Out of genuine interest, What is the "Real Narrative"?
Have you never worked at a company where the more senior staff get the chop (or "made redundant", practically always for purposes of cost saving) and then the official email goes out to all and sundry saying that they just "wanted to spend more time with family"?

I have, and I'd say that was the case over 80% of the time.

DB9

His brother doesn't say that.
That's what i said, His obviously heartbroken brother said perhaps his lifestyle of not looking after himself might have been the cause of his death rather than these news channels saying it was because the BBC moved him from his show. To me this is BBC Bashing at its lowest.