• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The BBC

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
It would be interesting to know the figures re. the representation for state educated working class white people. It would be rather typical of the middle class liberal elites who run the media to keep the door open for their own kind whilst patting themselves on the back for their efforts with working class black people. 🤷‍♂️
I agree with this.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ok, I'll throw down a glove...

Please name me of one instance when someone that isn't straight, white, male & old has been replaced by someone that is all of those things. And that's not just in radio. I'll be generous and say any area of media.

If you can't, then please give the next best example.
Matt Chorley to replace Nihal Arthanayake on BBC Five Live afternoon slot.

tavyred

Clear and obvious editorialisation from BBC News here, looks like another BBC Charter/Ofcom violation is on its way……🙄

arthur

I'd have thought little Nige would be proud to think his language was inflammatory

tavyred

I'd have thought little Nige would be proud to think his language was inflammatory
He’s probably laughing his socks off that in his first speech a Beeb journalist couldn’t hide her political animus and bias toward him.
Big Nige’s mere existence really winds these people up! 🤣

Grecian2K

You surely can't accuse the Beeb of TOTAL lefty-bias.
After all, they just announced that Tory Laura will be one of their election night anchors*.
Clive Myrie and Laura Kuenssberg to host BBC election night coverage - BBC News

*Not rhyming slang I promise, Mods :p

tavyred

The BBC’s Geeta Guru-Murthy apologises on air for her comments earlier re. Farage.😜
Another win for Big Nige!

Grecian2K

The BBC’s Geeta Guru-Murthy apologises on air for her comments earlier re. Farage.😜
Another win for Big Nige!
Bless! A tiny consolation for his "beasting" by those well known "Lefties" on ITV this morning.

I know you like to think of him as "Big Nige" but obviously I tend to side with those who regard him as a "Poundland Trump"...although, more accurately perhaps, I consider him more to be a "Lidl Johnson"

Antony Moxey

Bless! A tiny consolation for his "beasting" by those well known "Lefties" on ITV this morning.

I know you like to think of him as "Big Nige" but obviously I tend to side with those who regard him as a "Poundland Trump"...although, more accurately perhaps, I consider him more to be a "Lidl Johnson"
Or maybe just simply ‘tw@t’.

Grecian2K

Or maybe just simply ‘tw@t’.
That goes without saying. 😋