• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

haka

I played around with one of the table calculators and managed to get FIVE teams on 80 points, inputting credible results for other teams but not giving City any wins at all. We would miss out on goal difference. 💔

Again - that is with no wins, but 3 draws only. So throwing this one away would take some effort!

JCWhoosh

All I know that I reckon most of us would have jumped at the chance of being in City's position at the start of the season and every team (except) FGR would want to be where City are right now. The teams can't afford to slip up which adds more pressure. Just need to concentrate on the basics and get out of this league!

Bongo1959

I'm sure the players will know they didn't perform well at Tranmere , it's Rochdale at home not Milan .

dontpassback

Do the basics and we will be ok,it’s in our hands and with the SJP crowd behind us we should be more than capable

lamrobhero

Just watched Nigel Clough post match interview. I do enjoy a bit of schadenfreude. He went on about a ball being obviously over the line and it should have been a goal. Watching the replay it didn't seem obvious to me in real time and I couldn't find a conclusive freeze frame. Also Carlisle seemed to create quite a few chances. Long live King Matt!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I know that I reckon most of us would have jumped at the chance of being in City's position at the start of the season and every team (except) FGR would want to be where City are right now. The teams can't afford to slip up which adds more pressure. Just need to concentrate on the basics and get out of this league!
The other way to look at it is that for City to miss out we would have to win no more than one of our last 5 games. At the same time either Mansfield have to win 4 in a row, Northampton or Bristol Rovers have to win 5 in a row or Sutton have to win 7 in a row.

Jeff Wood

If we win on Saturday, one possible scenario for Tuesday could be City needing a point to go up and Barrow needing a point to stay up! Wonder how that might go! 😀

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we win on Saturday, one possible scenario for Tuesday could be City needing a point to go up and Barrow needing a point to stay up! Wonder how that might go! 😀
Intriguing to say the least shades of a certain World Cup game a number of years ago when if memory serves me correctly a draw between Austria and I believe Germany would see them both going through to the next stage.

The result being that neither team attempted to do anything to win and an embarrassingly sterile draw.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would we settle for a draw when we could go on to win the league?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Intriguing to say the least shades of a certain World Cup game a number of years ago when if memory serves me correctly a draw between Austria and I believe Germany would see them both going through to the next stage.

The result being that neither team attempted to do anything to win and an embarrassingly sterile draw.
It was a 1 nil win to Germany that would send them both through. If the Germans won by 2 goals Austria would miss out on goal difference