• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Auto(s) Charge

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Taylor seemed confident last night that players would be returning over the next couple of weeks to give added impetus to the squad. So long as he gets through training with any scares this week, Dieng should be back for next Saturday.
Hopefully, he did mention Callum Rowe keeping the shirt though.

grecIAN Harris

Something along the lines of Callum's performance will give him a nice selection headache.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully he does keep it as he deserves to. I would keep him and Archie together and swap MJ for Tim. Accept that dropping your captain is a tough call mind. However, if you look at the League 2 statistics (cant recall where I saw them) for midfielders Tim is in the top 5 for at least two categories. Hard to keep him out of the side

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something along the lines of Callum's performance will give him a nice selection headache.
No he actually said Callum has got the shirt, so I expect him to keep his place at Newport.

crocks

21 different scorers so far this season. The most since I started keeping records in 2006/07.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
At this stage if we can beat Colchester, Rochdale and Barrow at home and pick up a couple of away points, we should be okay.

Hopefully we won't need much against Northampton and Port Vale - not sure my nerves could handle it.

Red Devon

Hopefully he does keep it as he deserves to. I would keep him and Archie together and swap MJ for Tim. Accept that dropping your captain is a tough call mind. However, if you look at the League 2 statistics (cant recall where I saw them) for midfielders Tim is in the top 5 for at least two categories. Hard to keep him out of the side
With things not going for our strikers at the moment Dieng is our most likely source for a goal.

Red Devon

Looking through the fixtures I have fourth place Port Vale picking up another 17 points with a very healthy goal difference to go with it….I know that means nothing but a minimum 80 points may still be needed.

denzel

Very glad to have a weeks gap to this one, nice break for the players.
Big game elsewhere - Mansfield v Northampton will mean we will still be in a promotion place whatever happens next week, but it will be nice to get three points.
Selection headache but I guess MT will need to judge where players are with their fitness. And to be fair to Matt, he has got most of the calls spot on this season.

Thought Rowe looked very composed yesterday and with more game time can get better. To rest Matt Jay wouldn't be a bad thing as he looked half a yard off the pace yesterday and could do with the rest. Just wish we had a young striker out on loan somewhere we could recall as we did with Rowe as I'm yet to be impressed with Zanzala or Phillips.