• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

That postponement is going to hurt

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
how on earth would I know ?
Yes, well, there's a tempting little invite that might be pursued further. Lets just say it would be safer not to make sweeping assumptions, particularly those that seem to be critical. Best get facts straight first.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
With our form since Leeds there was no reason to expect a win against Rovers,we could quite easily be in better form with a few players back from injury,only time will tell.

happygrecian

It doesn't matter where we are in L1 today, all that matters is where we finish at the end of the season, so whether we're currently 17th or 22nd is unimportant. The postponement gives us a chance to get Stewart and Stanno fit before we do meet Rovers, and possibly Noble.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, Stewy may well be fit for Saturday's game, and Stans the week after. Don't think we will see Noble this season unless we are sure of staying up!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Tisdale has already said Noble wont play this season.

Im not bothered about Stewarts return , Stans we need back asap

TOP_CITY_FAN

wemissmoxey said:
This message is hidden because wemissmoxey is on your ignore list.
10 characters thingy

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
It doesn't matter where we are in L1 today, all that matters is where we finish at the end of the season, so whether we're currently 17th or 22nd is unimportant. The postponement gives us a chance to get Stewart and Stanno fit before we do meet Rovers, and possibly Noble.
OK, we masy have players back for the rearranged game, but the Gas are delighted with the postponement as they would have been missing 5 first team regulars on Tuesday.

Personally I think it was stupid not playing this game on a Saturday (FA Cup 3rd Round week) when there was a chance to - but then it was Rovers who turned down that opportunity.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I was at the Stockport game. It was dire. Bristol Rovers are massively indifferent at the moment. I agree with the manager that we play better against teams that play open football than teams that come to defend. I thought we would win. I had it in my head that we'd be out of the relegation zone this morning. Instead we're entrenched, and facing Brighton on Saturday, which leaves me feeling rather down about it all.
And Rovers would have came and attacked us; and been more open? I for one think not; on Sat they sat back against Gillingham; hoping to take them on the break; Gillingham have a finisher in Jackson; & The Gills finally broke them down, with Jackson scoring late in the game.

We were unable to break down a very poor Stockport team; so what makes you think we could have broken down Rovers with 10 men behind the ball?

We equally could be where we are now; having played a game more; and our GD worse off by at least one more goal?