• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Wembley?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm by no means a great fan of Fisher but it worked on Monday so why not?

We've also got five, possibly six, subs to play with so if it isn't working we make a change. I'd expect Fisher to be taken off at some point anyway.
I"d prefer either/or Biwman/Fisher with one subbing for the other later in the game
Due to the wide open spaces of Wembley I'd prefer the support striker to be someone who can take advantage of those spaces : someone faster and more mobile. Despite probable howling from Harris and s few others I think I'd pick Lee Martin if he's fit. Failing that Ajose or Seymour or Randall.
As you say, because we can use 5 subs the good thing is that we can freshen things up or improve when necessary

Rosencrantz

So where would you play Richardson?
Left wing back as he played against Colchester. The first paragraph is separate from the second. The first is just stating about Andrew's side with regard to Jack and Brennan's position within it. My own preference is the second para which I said same again from the Colchester game with the possible exception of Nigel for Jake. If Jack was fully fit, he would be patrolling the left as he gives us good balance with a more attacking Randell on the right as has happened most of the season. But he looked very leggy in the first leg after a long time out. Jayden's overall performance and fitness in the second leg deserves to keep his place.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny after playing together for just one game in living memory many posters have suddenly decided that Bowman-Fisher is our best attacking threat. That's what you call a knee-jerk reaction.
It's not just because of the Colchester game but also because they played together in the home game against Northampton, which was one of our best performances of the season.

IndoMike

Left wing back as he played against Colchester. The first paragraph is separate from the second. The first is just stating about Andrew's side with regard to Jack and Brennan's position within it. My own preference is the second para which I said same again from the Colchester game with the possible exception of Nigel for Jake. If Jack was fully fit, he would be patrolling the left as he gives us good balance with a more attacking Randell on the right as has happened most of the season. But he looked very leggy in the first leg after a long time out. Jayden's overall performance and fitness in the second leg deserves to keep his place.
I think Richardson has got a lot of potential but it pains me to see him on the left side : it's just not a natural position for him.
Since we have Sparkes, Dickenson and even Williams who can play on the left it
seems unnecessary to put Richardson there
However, if he played on the right (say) for the last 30 minutes I think he could cause a lot of trouble

STURTZ

I wouldn't want to see Richardson on the left again, any advantage his speed gives us in attack is negated by his having to manoeuvre the ball onto his right foot, in chasing back he has to run around the player to get a tackle in. We have a dearth of left footed players so why play him on the left, it's not as though his left foot is actually any good at all, Forest must look at him and think he's not doing very well (perhaps that's the plan!). The only place I could see him playing is rightwing back, and that ain't gonna happen.

IndoMike

It's not just because of the Colchester game but also because they played together in the home game against Northampton, which was one of our best performances of the season.
Tried to search the City v Northampton match on Exeweb search engine, but no luck. Can't remember the details of the match, SEA

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't want to see Richardson on the left again, any advantage his speed gives us in attack is negated by his having to manoeuvre the ball onto his right foot, in chasing back he has to run around the player to get a tackle in. We have a dearth of left footed players so why play him on the left, it's not as though his left foot is actually any good at all, Forest must look at him and think he's not doing very well (perhaps that's the plan!). The only place I could see him playing is rightwing back, and that ain't gonna happen.
I agree that Jayden looks unnatural on the left but our record with him playing there is surprisingly good, And let's not forget that he scored against Colchester and that the goal we conceded came down the opposite side of the pitch.

Rosencrantz

Tried to search the City v Northampton match on Exeweb search engine, but no luck. Can't remember the details of the match, SEA
Won 3-2 after going a goal down to 3-1 up. Goals from Williams, A Martin and Fisher. Interestingly the team was almost the same from Monday's. Nigel for Jake and Jack for Jayden the only difference. Even the subs that came on were Taylor, Parkes and Seymour.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is taken from Soccerbase.

IndoMike

T
Won 3-2 after going a goal down to 3-1 up. Goals from Williams, A Martin and Fisher. Interestingly the team was almost the same from Monday's. Nigel for Jake and Jack for Jayden the only difference. Even the subs that came on were Taylor, Parkes and Seymour.
Tx for the info