• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Monday vs Colchester

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Surely for a groundsman it would be quite easy, given that nobody's been on it since March?
The team have played 11 a side practice matches on it already since returning to full training !

Exehausted

The team have played 11 a side practice matches on it already since returning to full training !
Yes, but it was in an awful condition when the break happened, the poorest surface we've had for 4 or 5 seasons. We were shown pictures of Clive reseeding the poor parts of the pitch straight after lockdown. With a lot of sunshine and the ability to water it, I would expect it to be in fantastic condition. Playing a match or two on it shouldn't harm it at all. The players should have every confidence in the pitch on Monday. No bad bounces or dead patches which can catch you out. For a team that likes to play the ball around it should be ideal. I assume the team will have a light training session tomorrow morning and I would have that on the pitch. Make the most of it.

Colesman Ballz

Yes, but it was in an awful condition when the break happened, the poorest surface we've had for 4 or 5 seasons. We were shown pictures of Clive reseeding the poor parts of the pitch straight after lockdown. With a lot of sunshine and the ability to water it, I would expect it to be in fantastic condition. Playing a match or two on it shouldn't harm it at all. The players should have every confidence in the pitch on Monday. No bad bounces or dead patches which can catch you out. For a team that likes to play the ball around it should be ideal. I assume the team will have a light training session tomorrow morning and I would have that on the pitch. Make the most of it.
I wasn't questioning that whatsover, I fully agree with you. It was obviously a very good idea, to use SJP in order to accustom the players to playing there in an empty stadium, and if they had used the Cat & Fiddle it would psychologically have been more like a training session.

ChardGrecian

In my view we need a performance tomorrow much better than anything we have seen since Christmas and to address the major problems of not getting lots of balls into the box and more importantly having players in there to put pressure on defence and capitalise on any mistakes. Bowman works hard but when he goes for balls outside the box it leaves no-one in there. With Atangana in front of the back two or three there should at least 5 other players with opportunities to get into the box especially at far posts. Williams is a threat but not if he hugs the touchline and has good left back to deal with. I would like to see him be 4 yards in from touch and turn the defenders either way. Would like to a performance like Plymouth. The whole club, players and fans have put lot into this season and deserve better than just letting it slip away.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Dean Moxey ahead of the game tomorrow

Grecianpasty

Dean Moxey ahead of the game tomorrow

Dean had a decent game before going off. His experience will be invaluable. I just worry about his pace up against Robinson. Both sweens and Martin aren't blessed with any pace either.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In my view we need a performance tomorrow much better than anything we have seen since Christmas and to address the major problems of not getting lots of balls into the box and more importantly having players in there to put pressure on defence and capitalise on any mistakes.
Indeed, we've only won two games by more than a single goal against Christmas.

Legohead

Banned
Indeed, we've only won two games by more than a single goal against Christmas.
Would that be Christmas City or United? ;)

Or maybe our pre season friendly games in Finland against these....

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
KMT won't throw the baby out with the bath water and so I'm predicting the same starting eleven but with Archie in for Lee Martin and a bit of tinkering in midfield to accommodate him.

grecIAN Harris

KMT won't throw the baby out with the bath water and so I'm predicting the same starting eleven but with Archie in for Lee Martin and a bit of tinkering in midfield to accommodate him.
So you're planning the same logic as Indo........ six in midfield????🤨 It will either be Jay as a straight swap for Martin and play off if Bowman or an out and out striker, take your pick which one. My personal order of preference would be Ajose, Seymour and then Fisher.