• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Monday vs Colchester

Grecianpasty

If bowmans going to play up top he needs delivery from the wings and players linking play behind him. Williams delivery was good on thursday, but sparkes wasn't ever high enough up the pitch to deliver a decent ball. We have some great attacking midfielders.

Let's not bother playing the long ball game with average second fiddle strikers in ajose and Fisher. Let's look to link up play with Collins, law, Jay and Randall. All excellent players on the ball.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Exehausted

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been discussed already. I think the substitutes could well play a massive part on Monday, with changes planned well in advance. Being able to play 5 out of nine is a massive change to the norm. Matt could, if he wanted too, change the mid field three at half time, or the front two and a midfielder. If the players know what is planned they would hopefully buy into it. Get 2 or 3 players to run themselves and hopefully Colchester, ragged in the first half and then the changes could make all the difference. Rugby clubs will often change the whole front row on 55 or 60 mins and totally change the game. It would be a massive gamble, but sometimes in life you have to take risks. We need to start with very high energy and a high press, and this might be a way of doing it over 90 minutes.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only one home win from eleven Championship games today, hopefully we can start to reverse that stat on Monday.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
William's was up against a very good full back who was actually faster than him, which is as rare as rocking horse $h!t. We've also seen Williams have a poor game now and then during the season only to follow it up with a man of the match performance. He'll perform on Monday.

My concern is big bad Bowman I just don't trust him to put away a one on one at a crucial moment. Chances will be few and far between and I just hope they fall to someone like Jay.

Colchester fan

If bowmans going to play up top he needs delivery from the wings and players linking play behind him. Williams delivery was good on thursday, but sparkes wasn't ever high enough up the pitch to deliver a decent ball. We have some great attacking midfielders.

Let's not bother playing the long ball game with average second fiddle strikers in ajose and Fisher. Let's look to link up play with Collins, law, Jay and Randall. All excellent players on the ball.
The way Bowman plays he should be made to wear boxing gloves and elbow guards:D

grecIAN Harris

William's was up against a very good full back who was actually faster than him, which is as rare as rocking horse $h!t. We've also seen Williams have a poor game now and then during the season only to follow it up with a man of the match performance. He'll perform on Monday.

My concern is big bad Bowman I just don't trust him to put away a one on one at a crucial moment. Chances will be few and far between and I just hope they fall to someone like Jay.
He could have had two brokens legs and been on crutches and still kept Williams in his back pocket the way Williams played.

denzel

They've done a great job. Cant be easy getting a pitch ready for its first and only game in three months!
I just hope we get to play a bit more football on it than on Thursday.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant be easy getting a pitch ready for its first and only game in three months!
Surely for a groundsman it would be quite easy, given that nobody's been on it since March?

denzel

Surely for a groundsman it would be quite easy, given that nobody's been on it since March?
I was thinking more in terms of getting all the staff together, I presume many had been furloughed.