• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taxi for Tisdale

abertom

iscalad: I'm not surprised and what's more I genuinely believe he'll be appointed.

The ECFC Academy is renowned . Cit's U.21s have performed with distinction against Premiership and Championship opposition . The Academy is now credited with The Wales u.18. Player of the Year. PT is the longest serving manager in the League which augurs well for stability. PT is very much 'a political animal and has openly declared that 'Football is rotten to the Core' so in that sense could be just what the FA ordered after what can only be described as the 2016 Annus Horribilis .

Good luck to PT.I hope he he's appointed. He'll be content with 500K p.a.. ECFC will receive full compensation and attract first class candidates anxious to follow in his footsteps.
Ain't gonna happen he might get interviewed for due diligence process but I think it'all be Adie or Phil Neville

paperclip

I really hope that Tisdale gets the U21 job, it's the only way the club will ever rid of him.

Mind you, to get the job he'll have to come across in any interview miles better than he does when he speaks (ie mumbles) to the media after yet another home defeat...

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
You've got to fancy Boothroyd but Tisdale is in with a shout I think, Phil Neville is too ambitious to take this cosy position - surely his future is in Spain.

dontpassback

Stranger things have happened,and tisdale is a proper chap.as stated above the fa want stability and tisdale will bring that in spades.boothroyd is a hoof ball merchant and tisdales tip tap approach would sit well.

Tisdale will not be anywhere near this. I can not see for one second that he will be in the top 10. I also don't believe the 2013 stuff either.

Just my opinion though and would seriously love to be proven wrong.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale would be a miles better candidate than Aidy Hoofroyd. Genuinely hope he gets it and good luck to him.

If I was interviewing him my first questions would be:

1. If you believe in youth development so much, why do you waste large % of your budget on journeymen old boys?

2. How much of the credit for the development of the youth players that have come through should go to yourself and not your staff.

3. Do you actually play and develop anymore youth players than your average lower league football manager, or is this just a myth created by your devoted following?

Probably a good job for him I am not asking the questions :)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's probably Tis' dream job and would be the best way for him to leave.

If there's any truth in the story, good luck to him.

Avening Posse

With masses of resources and the cream of the youth to pick from all over the country, it would be a totally different ball game to what he oversees at whatever capacity here. I think he might just do very well with the best players available. Would be fantastic for him if he landed it. Not sure what the other candidates have in terms of experience of developing youth players but to be fair I don't know who they all are. Tis has not worked with the massively paid young players from Prem clubs who may need a bit of ego massaging etc, but that aside I think he could do well. Don't think they will offer it to him but you never know.....

Alistair20000

Sounds like the Civil Service. Bloody difficult to sack people so promote them with a transfer away.