• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town Vs Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Brexit Day

GrecianExile

Jonah was pretty good on crosses and shots no lower than about 4 feet. Anything along the ground he took an age to get down to. Him and Ward are about the same height, but Ward is much sharper reaction wise for shots along the ground. None of that has anything to do with both Swindons goals. Even Taylor said afterwards that it was unfortunate that Ward punched the ball onto an opponents head for the first; sort of aportioning blame I thought.
I am always baffled by your comments if you truly are an Exeter fan and not a troll or wind up merchant.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, at times they will be about good things at times they will be critical, again that’s fine I have no issue with that.

What I can’t understand with you is how the majority of the time your opinions will be against things from an Exeter viewpoint.

When goals are conceded you hammer Ward and Maxted, when the clean sheets were frequent you were actually quite quiet, we have conceded some goals so out you come again blaming both for most goals going.

if there is an alleged incident of a possible foul involving one of our players you will generally talk against our player.

if there is a debate about a penalty or offside, you will back the referee or opposition, I can barely remember you being positive about any aspects for Exeter or for Exeter players, you seem to take great delight in being negative against Exeter players or situations.

It’s like you want to be controversial for some reason. I don’t expect it all to be rosey all the time we have slipped up in recent games but it just baffles me why you talk so negatively so much of the time in your posts.

If you genuinely support the team, surely being positive would be a good way to support the players, I wouldn’t mind betting some players have a read or get told about things on here. Yes they are professionals who should be able to deal with criticism but they are also human beings whose confidence can be affected. They are also league two footballers so not perfect, will have their weak points but perhaps concentrating on what value they do bring to the team rather than what they can’t do would offer far greater support to the cause.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Holmes giving the referee some grief!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair enough, I think I was getting mixed up with the game mentioned above when it kicked off upstairs. Looking up the Northwich game, it was also the game Jake Edwards got sent off after coming on as sub. Lost 3-2 in the end after being 1-1 after 13 minutes. Devine and Flack the scorers. Andy Taylor with the unfortunate og.
Jake had only been on for about 10 minutes before he stamped on a player needlessly.
Dismal game because the defeat was entirely self inflicted.

The Jones error was compounded by the fact that he probably had enough time to chase the slow moving ball and save the goal but froze in horror once it had rolled past him.

Rosencrantz

Jake had only been on for about 10 minutes before he stamped on a player needlessly.
Dismal game because the defeat was entirely self inflicted.

The Jones error was compounded by the fact that he probably had enough time to chase the slow moving ball and save the goal but froze in horror once it had rolled past him.
With Jonesy and Ricey we had a very young pair of keepers at the time. Jones was 18 I think.

Spoonz Red E

With Jonesy and Ricey we had a very young pair of keepers at the time. Jones was 18 I think.
Yes. Jones took a lot of stick for a long while afterwards but turned it around over time. Player of the season 4 years later.
I was stood near to someone on the Bank the season following the error who kept shouting stuff like "you're useless Jonesey" and far worse as was the habit at that time.
After about 10 minutes of this someone had to tell him that it was Rice in goal that day.

A memorable Rice moment was at an evening game hearing him calling for a defender to leave a cross.
"I've got it, I've got it..... Oh."
(Ball enters net)

Last edited:
Yes. Jones took a lot of stick for a long while afterwards but turned it around over time.
Player of the season 4 years later

Jones was total [email protected]'s why his nickname was 'Calamity Jones' or 'Jonah', a fictional cartoon character who sunk every ship he walked on. Even Crawley couldn't wait to move him on after he left us! A total disaster!

Oldsmobile-88

And both on small wages compared to the other players.
The best keepers are generally aged 25 years & above who would commanded a salary way above what those two were paid.

Both did a reasonably good job in the Conference.

Rosencrantz

And both on small wages compared to the other players.
The best keepers are generally aged 25 years & above who would commanded a salary way above what those two were paid.

Both did a reasonably good job in the Conference.
Jonesy has made a decent career for himself albeit as back up more in recent seasons. The supporters player of the year in our promotion season from league two I think says more about his ability then some care to remember.

StudentGrecian

Jones was decent keeper when he left us, went to Peterborough and became first choice for them, and made 92 appearances for Crawley in 2 seasons, doesn't sound like 'they couldn't wait to move him on', he went on to a bigger club after them in Portsmouth.

No doubt his agent has earned his money with some of the moves he got in recent years, but he obviously had something about him to get a contract from all these decent clubs.

STURTZ

My favourite shout was; "Have some confidence Jones you useless fcking pr***!"