• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can we please not use the word roster. Carry on

simcity

Can't wait for us to not sign a striker before the deadline, Nombe to rip his hamstring in half on Saturday and then play a 5-5 formation until January 🤪

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the very minimum we still need a big physical striker and also cover at left back in by tomorrow night or we’re really going to struggle soon for squad depth.
I'd rather have 2 strikers than 1 striker and 1 LB

StudentGrecian

The fact that MT talks about Cox staying suggests to me that we are unlikely to see more than one forward through the door, considering he's been quite vocal earlier in the summer about getting him a loan move. Really feels like its going to be a damp squib of deadline day! January is an awful window to be playing catch up, surprise us please MT.

iscalad

Always a few out of contract players mooching about.

Banksy

The fact that MT talks about Cox staying suggests to me that we are unlikely to see more than one forward through the door, considering he's been quite vocal earlier in the summer about getting him a loan move. Really feels like its going to be a damp squib of deadline day! January is an awful window to be playing catch up, surprise us please MT.
If we have to go with Cox it’s going to be a long hard season on the striker front given that Nombe is known to be pretty injury prone. He’s going to have to come of age very quickly since we’d be relying on his goals to keep us up. Can’t see it working myself.As isca says it might come down to a free agent , there must be a few hanging around.Still , greater footballing minds than ours are working on the problem.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can see Dieng playing up front if Nombe is injured and we can't bring anyone in.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always a few out of contract players mooching about.
True but they’re either broken or rubbish at this late stage…

iscalad

True but they’re either broken or rubbish at this late stage…
Or desperate 😁

IndoMike

I can see Dieng playing up front if Nombe is injured and we can't bring anyone in.
You have good eyesight.
I can't see that. It'll be a loanee .