• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

dontpassback

Better yellow than green 😀😀😀

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Expect announcements on a keeper and left back next week.

In the Know Wannabe.

Smithyno6

Expect announcements on a keeper and left back next week.

In the Know Wannabe.
Indo know.

Harry Lee & Jack Sparkes contract extensions.

Agent Andy

I believe we missed out on a top non league striker last week , which is a shame as he would have given us something different 🤨

IndoMike

Indo know.

Harry Lee & Jack Sparkes contract extensions.
I am not authorised to provide any further information at this moment..

StudentGrecian

I believe we missed out on a top non league striker last week , which is a shame as he would have given us something different 🤨
Surely if we missed out you can give us a name? :unsure:
Billy Waters?

The problem with national league strikers is that there were 18 players who scored 15 goals or over last season. I’d be overly cautious of looking at goal tallies in that league with quality of the defending that must be around!

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Billy Waters?

The problem with national league strikers is that there were 18 players who scored 15 goals or over last season. I’d be overly cautious of looking at goal tallies in that league with quality of the defending that must be around!
Good point well made Studento. I remember the clamour (myself included) for us to sign Daniel Orsi after his 19 for Maidenhead couple of seasons ago. Scored one in league 2 for Harrogate then went out on loan to Boreham Wood and again a pretty awful 2 goals in 24 games. Looks like he was a one season wonder and shows how difficult it is to pick the Kellows from the rest :)

Colesman Ballz

Good point well made Studento. I remember the clamour (myself included) for us to sign Daniel Orsi after his 19 for Maidenhead couple of seasons ago. Scored one in league 2 for Harrogate then went out on loan to Boreham Wood and again a pretty awful 2 goals in 24 games. Looks like he was a one season wonder and shows how difficult it is to pick the Kellows from the rest :)
Danilo Orsi has now signed for Grimsby. Let's remember that top non-league strikers do not necessarily have to come from the National League either, the afore mentioned Tony Kellow came from Falmouth FFS ! :)

Agent Andy

Billy Waters?

I believe we were very interested in Kyle Wootton, but lost out money wise to Stockport , good player 🤨

Colesman Ballz

I believe we were very interested in Kyle Wootton, but lost out money wise to Stockport , good player 🤨
Obviously he must be either lacking in ambition, self belief or perhaps a bit of both, if he prefers to ply his trade in League 2, rather than test himself in the third tier ! 😎