• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Agent Andy

Obviously sees Stockport as a better long term prospect for some reason , although they would blow us out of the water wages wise 🤷🏻‍♂️

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Obviously sees Stockport as a better long term prospect for some reason , although they would blow us out of the water wages wise 🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess he is relatively local to Nottingham so a contract at Stockport would mean he could stay put.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I guess he is relatively local to Nottingham so a contract at Stockport would mean he could stay put.
Yep, and Stockport are really going for it this year and may end up with a bigger wage bill than Salford!

sign of the chimes

I believe we were very interested in Kyle Wootton, but lost out money wise to Stockport , good player 🤨
So did Pompey (miss out to Stockport on Wootton) if rumours at our end are to be believed. It sounds as though they are paying him top-dollar in relative terms.

dontpassback

So did Pompey (miss out to Stockport on Wootton) if rumours at our end are to be believed. It sounds as though they are paying him top-dollar in relative terms.
It seems like Stockport are the new Salford,but with bigger potential to go with it and I think they might do well next season

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
It seems like Stockport are the new Salford,but with bigger potential to go with it and I think they might do well next season
Stott must be quite a sugar daddy chucking all that money at them.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's all about wages at this level. If your boss offered you a demotion but a pay rise, I'm pretty sure you'd take it.

Players aren't earning big enough bucks at this level to take a pay cut to play a league higher. If a league 2 club is offering more dough, they'll go there.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Today's the day for the first signing!

Hopefully!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear, this could be the here we go again bit with monied clubs paying silly money for mediocre players. Stockton wouldn't be a bad signing for us, but he has only set the National League alight for one season he is 25 years old and now been given a three year contract on top wages f...ing bizarre, don't blame him, but doesn't half make Matty and Flitty's work more difficult when stupid money's flying around below you with the likes of Stockport, Salford, Wrexham Chesterfield Mansfield to name but a few

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh dear, this could be the here we go again bit with monied clubs paying silly money for mediocre players. Stockton wouldn't be a bad signing for us, but he has only set the National League alight for one season he is 25 years old and now been given a three year contract on top wages f...ing bizarre, don't blame him, but doesn't half make Matty and Flitty's work more difficult when stupid money's flying around below you with the likes of Stockport, Salford, Wrexham Chesterfield Mansfield to name but a few
Who the heck is Stockton ?