• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Cowshed Grecian

I have to admit throughout all the speculation I’ve bitten my tongue thinking to myself - “these people are deluded- we have no chance whatsoever of signing a player on loan who is in a premiership fisrt team squad - he’ll go to a Championship club” I remember when Tis signed David Noble and he said something along the lines of “we’ve got a championship quality player who’s only come to us as he’s injured “. So to get someone who played in the Premier League last week and will only get better is quite honestly astonishing and fair play to everyone involved- not least Jay himself.
It shows you how much the club has moved forward. Let’s continue UTC

DJG.ECFC

In summary, not a bad window In the end. Could still do with a full back like Matt said but we might Get that in the free agent market. We’re sorted up top now with 4 quality options. Still buzzing with stanno coming home.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amazing news to wake up to down under. Forward line properly strong now. Who gets left out will be the question now

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amazing news to wake up to down under. Forward line properly strong now. Who gets left out will be the question now
Hi Down Under - you ARE NOT DREAMING but I soon will be !
UTC

IndoMike

I have to admit throughout all the speculation I’ve bitten my tongue thinking to myself - “these people are deluded- we have no chance whatsoever of signing a player on loan who is in a premiership fisrt team squad - he’ll go to a Championship club” I remember when Tis signed David Noble and he said something along the lines of “we’ve got a championship quality player who’s only come to us as he’s injured “. So to get someone who played in the Premier League last week and will only get better is quite honestly astonishing and fair play to everyone involved- not least Jay himself.
I couldn't agree more, SM

IndoMike

Mike, I believe you do enjoy starting petulant arguments and I'll not give you the enjoyment by reacting to that load of self righteous carp except to say I simply give my own opinion. So, carry on fishing as I don't want to spoil this great evening.
Petulant? Moi? Couldn't be further from the truth. Strong opinions? Oui.

Thames Valley Red

There is a left wing back coming back from injury, played for City and then Harrogate, played for Charlton. Good backup?

Red Devon

There is a left wing back coming back from injury, played for City and then Harrogate, played for Charlton. Good backup?
Doesn’t he still have a year left on his contract at Harrogate?

denzel

Doesn’t he still have a year left on his contract at Harrogate?
Cancelled in the Summer.

Trapdoor

Screenshot_20220903-081731_Chrome.jpg

((Not implying the female city fans are not also highly emotionally affected by this. It's just a meme.))