• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Agent Andy

We had some fun , some fall outs and in the end got what we wanted , onwards and upwards , see you all in January ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We had some fun , some fall outs and in the end got what we wanted , onwards and upwards , see you all in January ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘
Hang on, you can't go yet. We've not signed a #31!

cannockred

Pedro Borges?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pedro Borges?
Is he not already signed?

STURTZ

Don't forget that we've also filled the arguably most important position with a glovesman built like a brick outhouse.

In fact I've almost forgotten old what's his name now currently back warming the bench in South Yarkshire. (Not that I'm begrudging what Cam did to lift us back into L1...just wondering about his career choices)
I'd still have Cam over Jamal at the moment, think he'd already made some stunning saves by this time last year. Jamal is just bigger.

cannockred

Is he not already signed?
Yeah but give him #31. He's a great prospect.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers A A and thanks for all your contributions which helped to keep up everyoneโ€™s spirits and keep everything going.

geoffwp

I'm just stating a fact. It's annoying when you constantly make sweeping comments about "posters" in a negative light, as if you always occupy the higher moral ground.Yes, it's lecturing. You're free to do it and I'm free to call it out. If you think I'm stalking you, you're mistaken. If you look at the "recent views" or whatever it is called you will see I never look you up.
This is an opinion-based website and some of us don't always agree with everything the club does, everything Matt does ++ . Doesn't mean we don't support City
So this is my lecture in return.
Great news about Jay S and not opposed to to the signing of Mr.Smith: will give Sparkes a target to aim at
Onwards and upwards !
Mike, I believe you do enjoy starting petulant arguments and I'll not give you the enjoyment by reacting to that load of self righteous carp except to say I simply give my own opinion. So, carry on fishing as I don't want to spoil this great evening.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst it went to the wire in the end this has been a good window for the club. Two excellent new forwards and for me Smith wiill prove to be the best signing of the lot. Coley's loan is sensible and selling Pond good business. However, keeping hold of our crown jewels in Jevani and Nombe and having the squad left intact is the best bit of the window, By the end of the season I expect to see Hartridge and Archie vying for Player of the Season. Smith to sign permantly in the summer as the successor to Sam after he gets snapped up for a move back to Championship level along with Hartridge.

Steve Moran3

Another lecture from Geoff...
I have to admit throughout all the speculation Iโ€™ve bitten my tongue thinking to myself - โ€œthese people are deluded- we have no chance whatsoever of signing a player on loan who is in a premiership fisrt team squad - heโ€™ll go to a Championship clubโ€ I remember when Tis signed David Noble and he said something along the lines of โ€œweโ€™ve got a championship quality player whoโ€™s only come to us as heโ€™s injured โ€œ. So to get someone who played in the Premier League last week and will only get better is quite honestly astonishing and fair play to everyone involved- not least Jay himself.