• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we sign a couple more strikers the rest of the League 1 clubs may regard us as being a tad greedy, from their perspective we are probably scoring more than enough goals already ! 😎

iscalad

If we sign a couple more strikers the rest of the League 1 clubs may regard us as being a tad greedy, from their perspective we are probably scoring more than enough goals already ! 😎
Greed is good....

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greed is good....
Especially if they all stay fit !
UTC

IndoMike

He’s training with us every day , not ready yet , but building up his fitness 👍
Seems to me that he's an empty Vassell

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMO injuries will likely decide it.

I agree that most of our first 11 and top 3 or 4 subs are good L1 class. However, how often do all your top players go through the season uninjured? If we can't get 2 decent loan strikers in we will be dependent on Nombe playing most of the games. I can't see that happening. We did of course get by when he was injured last season, thanks greatly to Dawson in goal, Zanzala's physicality, and Dieng's goals, but realistically...
I think last night showed that this is correct and that with Kite and Coley starting the season well we now have a strong base of maybe 15 or 16 players who can play in the first team without a noticeable drop off in quality; from what we've seen so far both Port Vale and Cheltenham would love to have similar depth but I'd agree with the consensus that it's still not quite enough although we only really need a handful of players.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are definitely going to have a problem next summer with all the contracts that will be up. Not at all unreasonably our players will be saying that as they are now established L1 players they should be receiving wages that reflect that status; if we can't / won't pay them that there will be plenty of interest from clubs that can....

Edit: Assuming we stay up that is!
Everything we hear suggests the current under-18's are a particularly strong group of players so we may well need them to start stepping up and filling in the gaps in the first team to start the cycle all over again; Sonny Cox apparently made a good start last night.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Sam stays fit and keeps scoring at a goal a game we may need to sign strikers to replace him!

Banksy

Seems to me that he's an empty Vassell
I’m a glass half empty man but I reckon he’ll be playing for us soon.🍺

IndoMike

I’m a glass half empty man but I reckon he’ll be playing for us soon.🍺
Only time will tell, Banksy.

Banksy

Only time will tell, Banksy.
Through a glass darkly for that one Mike.