• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread

dontpassback

Well we will just have to wait and sea who rocks up 😀

CWH-NYC_

Yeah seems quietly confident that we will get what we need. Also good to hear that we will promote our youth and not just get numbers in.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well we will just have to wait and sea who rocks up 😀
Or we’ll have to cast the net a bit further out.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or we’ll have to cast the net a bit further out.
You're always fishing aren't you?

Good to see that he is not too concerned (on the face of it) with where we are at the moment, and that he acknowledges that doorways have to be left open for our academy products. Very few managers would be this accepting, and very few clubs also we are quite unique whether we like it or not.

JCWhoosh

Trawling through the pages I can't see a keeper who is batter than Bass so deserves his plaice in the net but a good opper-tuna-ty for competition.

fred binneys head

Maybe we’re too far down the pecking order for Bass - how low can he go?

Grecian2K

His critics (Pate especially) will worry about how often he comes off his line.

Grecian2K

Maybe we’re too far down the pecking order for Bass - how low can he go?
Promotion, FA Cup and League Cup....why can't we aim for the Treble?

We won our promotion on the back of playing 4-7 Academy players in most games, an achievement ECFC is surely very proud of. However, we all know that L1 will be much more difficult against better quality teams and will find it challenging to grind out victories like last season. Keeping the majority of the squad together is a huge plus factor, as I feel most can step up to this higher level. Notwithstanding this it is imperative that we bring in the necessary players to augment the squad in the event of injuries, suspensions and loss of form. I'm afraid that if either or both of the Sams are unavailable for a good part of the season we will leak more goals and score fewer, making a relegation dogfight much more likely. Hopefully more positive news regarding signings is imminent.

Grecian Max

Firstly fair play to @craigbratt for pushing the line of questioning, more than once. Secondly - MT as honest as ever which I do love.

That plus the BBC article makes me happy that we’re still after the same number as was concerned this had been revised down given how we’ve come up short so far.

Also like how brutal he is sometimes. When talking about the previous, clearly weaker crop (something that had been disputed on here) he’s to the point - flip side is it bodes well for the next lot that they want it more.