• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pretty sure he had his house down here on the market not long ago, too.
People will probably think I'm a weird footballer stalker but I know his kid/kids go to school in Exeter as they're in the same class as one of my relatives.

Regardless, he isn't coming back. He has no link to GC and I don't think he's what we would be looking for.

Grecianman135

Bowman is not a Caldwell type of player ...

Bridgy 81

People will probably think I'm a weird footballer stalker but I know his kid/kids go to school in Exeter as they're in the same class as one of my relatives.

Regardless, he isn't coming back. He has no link to GC and I don't think he's what we would be looking for.
I can’t see Bowman returning either but I think Gary maybe aware of him though.
By my calculations Bowman was playing for Motherwell at the same time Gary was Partick Thistle’s Manager.

Grecian Ed

Bristol rovers fans getting excited and saying Nombe has turned down Barnsley….

Grecianman135

I can’t see Bowman returning either but I think Gary maybe aware of him though.
By my calculations Bowman was playing for Motherwell at the same time Gary was Partick Thistle’s Manager.
I agree I can't see it but I don't understand the fascination with resigning old players after they move on,sometimes it can be worth it but often certain players work well for certain managers and I honestly cannot see Bowman and Caldwell clicking personally he's not a type of player Caldwell would normally be after,he has no connection to him and to be honest I did rate Bowman with us but is there honestly nobody out there better we can attract other than a player previously attached to us via an old manager?

I'd expect GC to have a few contacts up his sleeve from his days up north rather than resigning players from previous regimes,but that's just my thoughts.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
One kid you mean

Grecianman135

If Nombe goes to Rovers that will literally be the most depressing thing ever.... mind you Nombe hasn't been as productive on the pitch since Brown left so who knows....

denzel

Have Rovers got a million plus, then?

To Rovers for £1.5m and not a penny less( they seem to have loads of dosh) and they can include John Marquis in the deal?

iscalad

House is in West Clyst