• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer Transfer Thread 2023

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard your question in Gary's Scottish accent and thought you were still talking about Archie Collins.
Do you mean "Airchie"?

All this makes me think of Muhammad Ali: "If he makes me sore, he'll go like Archie Moore, in four"

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to continue or investment in youth, but outside of the academy. Hopefully GC will have good contacts up north with players who have been released from the Prem/Championship or out of contract players in Scotland. Its been said for years, but in recent memory what young players have we actually signed from the top two leagues?
Kyle Taylor and James Scott

SimonBB

Kyle Taylor and James Scott
Callum Rowe

Pmc grecian

He’s out of contract, do you mean the compensation?
Yes

scottus86

Where did we sign Randall Williams from?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Where did we sign Randall Williams from?
Watford.

iscalad

As maybe, but i thought Randell Williams came from Wycombe. But then, I'm old and a tad forgetful.

iscalad

As maybe, but i thought Randell Williams came from Wycombe. But then, I'm old and a tad forgetful.
Well that#ll teach me to do my research. It was Watford. He was on loan at Wycombe.

Colesman Ballz

Well that#ll teach me to do my research. It was Watford. He was on loan at Wycombe.
Iirc There was a sell on clause when he came to us. Despite being a Watford asset, I don't think that he ever played a competitive game for them.

Grecian Max

Get in Dipo Akinyemi from Ayr

20 goals in scottish championship, has not yet made it in the EFL, only ever played for non-league teams apart from 15 apps for Stevenage - seems to have finally found form at 25