• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage A.F.C. V's Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread. 10/08/2019

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a dreadful game so far from the radio commentary, is it any better watching?
Not really, it's been a fairly attritional watch not helped by various gremlins affecting the iFollow feed. The highlight was probably the cameraman whipping out his hanky to clean the camera lens.

An early break aside, Stevenage have offered very little going forward with Parkes looking much more comfortable than last week and Moxey seemingly much happier back at centre-half. Going forward we have been just as disjointed as last week with Stevenage doing a good job of denying Williams space to run at them and we just haven't been able to get Law on the ball. Ajose has been much more involved than last week but rarely in dangerous areas but conversely Ryan Bowman has barely touched the ball and would be the one I would sacrifice to get Lee Martin on the pitch. The one positive is that Collins has been much better this week and probably our best player but he can't do all the creative work by himself. Ward also deserves a mention for making one fine save and generally dominating his box.

exeter-loyal

What the he'll is MT's problem with Aaron Martin?! And perhaps more to the point, what has Moxey got on him!
I don't really know but he had a cracking game last week looked solid at the back. As for Moxey it's time for him to hang his boots up.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Collins and Williams on yellow cards maybe Matt will introduce subs earlier ? For me replace them with the two Lee's out wide and move Law into the middle /

exeter-loyal

With Collins and Williams on yellow cards maybe Matt will introduce subs earlier ? For me replace them with the two Lee's out wide and move Law into the middle /
Lee Martin will defiantly come on, he could be the difference with his drive and his ability to bring our attacking players into the fold.

Colesman Ballz

I don't really know but he had a cracking game last week looked solid at the back. As for Moxey it's time for him to hang his boots up.
Moxey seems to be "earning his corn" this afternoon.

exeter-loyal

Moxey seems to be "earning his corn" this afternoon.
I don't rate him at all these days but personally think when he does have a good game it's at CB.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a more promising start to the half, a goal would open this game up.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ollie Watkins has just buried one.

StroudGrecian

Shame to see the Salford circus 2 down

exeter-loyal

Kabongo Tshimanga has just bagged one.
Just scored again on the hat!