• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Statistics Thread

paperclip

Indeed. A record of six home wins and nine away or eleven home wins and four away - same points but the latter would probably see an extra 500 on the gate and at, say, an average of £20 a ticket that's an extra £10k per home game or quarter of a million over the ourselves of a season.

It's probably the single most important thing the club should be doing is improving the home form. We've been abject or our seasons now - if you use the (made up, admittedly) figures above, that's a million quid lost over that period purely because of the home form.
I wouldn't argue with those figures (although I am sure some would) and don't forget the additional ancillary income that would also inevitably be generated.

It really isn't rocket science, is it?

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Thanks, helpful. But why not include season 10/11 if we're including 2011/12. The obvious problem with this type of analysis is where you draw the line. Personally i think only league two figures since we got relegated in 2012 is relevant to our current situation.
I think the reason for drawing the line after 10/11 is that its when the home form started to suffer. if we had one good season followed by one poor one and so on it wouldn't be too bad but when approaching four poor home records we really do need to be sorting this out. How long should Tisdale have to put this right.

Also the 11/12 season was quite a bit better than the other seasons so if you start from 12/13 it doesn't help tisdale's case any imo.

paperclip

However you dress it up, 7 home wins in the last 35 games is unacceptable. Full stop. There are many other reasons that could be cited to get rid of the manager, but how he keeps his job based on this home form is beyond me.

manc grecian

It's not the fact he's kept his job it's the fact there's fook all pressure from the club about it.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It's not even the form - yes the form is dire but it's the tactics and negative approach to the home games that frustrates me

If we're gonna lose let's lose with a bit of fight or more importantly trying to entertain the crowd