• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Statistics and Club History

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We also lost in the league cup on penalties, so I have been assuming that it's unbeaten after 90 minutes of football. Tomorrow is another match which we could possibly be beaten in but not count towards our 'unbeaten ' streak if this is the case!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Without wanting to throw a spanner in the works, does the game against Chelsea U21 not go down as a defeat. I appreciate we drew 1-1, but we then lost on pens. If that was a proper cup game, we would be out, so I'm not sure many fans would call it undefeated if it was FA or League cup. For official stats purposes, would FA & League cup games lost on penalties (or even in ET), also go down as a 90 minute draw and therefore part of an undefeated streak?
I think penalty shoot outs in the PJT are treated slightly differently - it's not a shoot out to decide who wins or loses, just for a bonus point?
We also lost in the league cup on penalties, so I have been assuming that it's unbeaten after 90 minutes of football. Tomorrow is another match which we could possibly be beaten in but not count towards our 'unbeaten ' streak if this is the case!
The Chelsea game doesn't count as a defeat as you can see from this table on the Papa John's Trophy page on the EFL site.

The League Cup defeat was before our defeat at Leyton Orient so also doesn't come into consideration for the current run of games.

haka

Another one in the Cup, definitely counts and not on pens!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
in the last few days the collection of wins by different City teams in different competitions must be some sort of record.

Three wins in the FA Cup in three successive days...the women, the U18s and the men's first team on Sunday Monday Tuesday.

Preceded on Saturday by League wins for the first team and the U18.

(and a few days before that a win in the Devon Bowl)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
in the last few days the collection of wins by different City teams in different competitions must be some sort of record.

Three wins in the FA Cup in three successive days...the women, the U18s and the men's first team on Sunday Monday Tuesday.

Preceded on Saturday by League wins for the first team and the U18.

(and a few days before that a win in the Devon Bowl)
Not forgetting the all important Papa Johns all within a week

Martin Weiler

I went to all the five different games over the last week (EFL Trophy, L2, Women’s FA Cup, FA Youth Cup and FA Cup). Was anyone else at all 5 (I’ll allow the Devon Bowl instead of the EFL Trophy)?

Mind you I am now sweating on whether the last of the 5 will be expunged from my record!

Last edited:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went to all the five different games over the last week (EFL Trophy, L2, Women’s FA Cup, FA Youth Cup and FA Cup). Was anyone else at all 5 (I’ll allow the Devon Bowl instead of the EFL Trophy)?

Mind you I am now sweating on whether the last of the 5 will be expunged from my record!
Martin, if ever the term Uber or Super Fan was appropriate you have the award! If (and I'm speculating here) we get chucked out of the FA Cup for our error does that mean the end of our unbeaten
run?

Grecian 1901

It is expunged Martin, like it never existed! We will still keep the result on the archive but the goals and appearances do not count! And you turned up to meeting on Wednesday!!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The longest run of games without defeat I could find was 15 games running from 13th April 1968 to 4th September 1968. This run consisted of the last 7 League games of 1967/68 plus 4 League games and 4 League Cup games at the start of the 1968/69 season.
Knocking Argiggle out of the League Cup after two replays added to the feel-good factor, but it didn't last and manager Frank Broome was replaced.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The attendance at SJP for the first replay against Argyle was 13338, and there were more than 10000 at Torquay for the second replay.