• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

State of Play now the Window's Shut.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
i've been banging on about this for ages, Sod the others, We concentrate on ourselves, It's the only thing we have control of. Imagine if MT or players went on week in, week out about other teams having more money and recruiting lots of players etc, It would just sound like petty jealousy, MT and his team know what we have to do, Just focus on that, Continue the great support, Home and away and see where we are come season end. Our transfer window has closed, The team is what we have, Am i confident? Probably not, That's what its like being a ECFC fan, Its the hope that kills!
2 away sell outs coming up with "Grecians making all the noise" - win those and we are back in the mix and confidence goes sky high.
UTC

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 away sell outs coming up with "Grecians making all the noise" - win those and we are back in the mix and confidence goes sky high.
UTC
You never know the ECFC support could be the best "Free Signing" in the transfer window (y) 🙂

dontpassback

I think we have the makings of a very good squad of players experience and youngsters coming through,but what may cost us is consistency,for what it’s worth I don’t think FGR are brilliant,but they are brilliantly consistent,which is why they are top of the table and will go on and be champions.in both games we played against them we more than matched them,but we have drawn too many and whilst the covid disruption coupled with key injuries has hampered us,but if we can push on now with some of those players coming back,then there should be no reason why we can’t make the playoffs,autos would be great but I think we have missed the boat on them

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we have the makings of a very good squad of players experience and youngsters coming through,but what may cost us is consistency,for what it’s worth I don’t think FGR are brilliant,but they are brilliantly consistent,which is why they are top of the table and will go on and be champions.in both games we played against them we more than matched them,but we have drawn too many and whilst the covid disruption coupled with key injuries has hampered us,but if we can push on now with some of those players coming back,then there should be no reason why we can’t make the playoffs,autos would be great but I think we have missed the boat on them
Covid has certainly not disrupted us anymore than all clubs, The whole of football this season has had to put up with Covid postponements, Injuries, Yes that is hampering us but we're in the bottom league of football and injuries will impact on us, If we put all our eggs in to one basket (Our 1st 11) then of course a injury to a few of them will have an effect but lets not make that a factor yet, We still have 20 or so games to go, All these things we can discuss at seasons end, Now is the time for to have hopefully a better 2nd half of the season than we've had in the last couple of years.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brave call!!!
Not really, if I turn out to be wrong then so be it, but this is the best squad we've had for a long time, strength in depth, if we don't make something of this season then its down to poor management.

SimonBB

We started with Strikers Nombe, Podge, Seymour and Cox. We ended the window with Nombe, Podge, Ozzy and Phillips.
It was our weakest position. I would of liked a winger so we could change formation but it would of only been a spot on the bench.

Grecianpasty

Not really, if I turn out to be wrong then so be it, but this is the best squad we've had for a long time, strength in depth, if we don't make something of this season then its down to poor management.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism, however the team we had last year compared to this year is not as good. Especially when you consider the amount of goals we scored last year.

Yes it's great that Diabete and Stubbs have found a rhythm playing together, and I fully support the decision to let Ray out on loan to bring in Phillips. However, we miss the goals and quality that Williams, Bowman, Randall and J Taylor bought to the team.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate your enthusiasm and optimism, however the team we had last year compared to this year is not as good. Especially when you consider the amount of goals we scored last year.

Yes it's great that Diabete and Stubbs have found a rhythm playing together, and I fully support the decision to let Ray out on loan to bring in Phillips. However, we miss the goals and quality that Williams, Bowman, Randall and J Taylor bought to the team.
We finished 9th last season in a (in my opinion) weaker division, the proof will be in the pudding I guess.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
However, we miss the goals and quality that Williams, Bowman, Randall and J Taylor bought to the team.
Of those the only one I think we miss is Randall, who hasn't been effectively replaced. Williams was good if he was in the right mood more often than not he wasn't, Bowman scored how many goals last season, 14, and Nombe is already on 7 in seventeen matches, both of them give defences hard times but Nombe has more to his game, and I would much rather have Dieng to Taylor who hasn't pulled up any trees at Satanage this season

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of those the only one I think we miss is Randall, who hasn't been effectively replaced. Williams was good if he was in the right mood more often than not he wasn't, Bowman scored how many goals last season, 14, and Nombe is already on 7 in seventeen matches, both of them give defences hard times but Nombe has more to his game, and I would much rather have Dieng to Taylor who hasn't pulled up any trees at Satanage this season
According to Sky Sports, Jake Taylor played right of a front 3 last night.