• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting eleven for next season

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Devon Lies will be reporting it the moment any news appears on Exeweb!
That's true (y)

Philecfc

Jaysus, that team would get destroyed
As someone far greater than us said you never win anything with kids. Ferguson proved Hanson wrong So you never know. Anyway with a couple of additions that is the base of our team next year so let’s hope your wrong

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting that almost all of the players we have left from last season are ones that have come up from the youth team.An inability to get promoted wasn't helped by signing mercenaries. No loyalty in football, as if we didn't know,but hopefully with this year's batch they will bring some of that with them.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do we have more than 10 fit pros on our books ?

nick_exmouth

As someone far greater than us said you never win anything with kids. Ferguson proved Hanson wrong So you never know. Anyway with a couple of additions that is the base of our team next year so let’s hope your wrong
I hope I am wrong too but would be surprised if more than 5 of that line up started our 1st league game

fred binneys head

If Matt Jay starts for us next season (which I fully expect), then I hope he sorts his man bun out properly before each game. The latest video shows him with a few loose hairs in his interview and a clip where he has removed his hair tie and looks like Robbie Savage.

My disappointment at that was largely tempered by his beard looking so well trimmed, but it’s clearly an aspect of his game he needs to work on.

Rosencrantz

If Matt Jay starts for us next season (which I fully expect), then I hope he sorts his man bun out properly before each game. The latest video shows him with a few loose hairs in his interview and a clip where he has removed his hair tie and looks like Robbie Savage.

My disappointment at that was largely tempered by his beard looking so well trimmed, but it’s clearly an aspect of his game he needs to work on.
I thought he could have got in a better position to ear flick Joel Randall as well. You need to come in on the diagonal from just over the shoulder.

budegrecian

I can only imagine what your 'old man' might have done had he come across an opposition player with a man bun in his day in day...

fred binneys head

I thought he could have got in a better position to ear flick Joel Randall as well. You need to come in on the diagonal from just over the shoulder.
The thing that worries me about Jay is that I’m not sure that sort of stuff can be coached, you’ve either got it or you haven’t.

fred binneys head

I can only imagine what your 'old man' might have done had he come across an opposition player with a man bun in his day in day...
I imagine he’d have been sent off in the tunnel before the game.