• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St James Park Investments

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Kids Zone(matchdays) & used for City in the Community in the week has been updated.
This is the large room next to the club shop,which was also used as the away dressing room last season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Centre Spot is being updated
Good news. Has it been purchased from OTR though?

iscalad

Good news. Has it been purchased from OTR though?
No idea

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Update on scoreboard

Grecian2K

But will it be big enough to be seen from Arizona without the aid of technology?
(Or is it merely a temporary stopgap?)

manc grecian

My money is on big nige to break it

WXF

Update on scoreboard

'Julian Tagg, club president and director of external affairs, added ... “It’s a hugely expensive piece of kit running into the hundreds of thousands, but the fans want it and we want to provide it.”'

This resolves earlier ambiguity about the cost - it will involve hundreds of thousands. There is so much going right at the club at the moment that part of me feels a bit churlish to criticise, but this does seems (uncharacteristically) wasteful spending and something more will regret the next time we face cash flow issues.

jjmanning

'Julian Tagg, club president and director of external affairs, added ... “It’s a hugely expensive piece of kit running into the hundreds of thousands, but the fans want it and we want to provide it.”'

This resolves earlier ambiguity about the cost - it will involve hundreds of thousands. There is so much going right at the club at the moment that part of me feels a bit churlish to criticise, but this does seems (uncharacteristically) wasteful spending and something more will regret the next time we face cash flow issues.
Surely it’ll end up paying for itself eventually through advertising?

Bittners a Legend

"the fans want it". Do we? I don't remember being asked. I imagine if most fans had the choice between a scoreboard at hundreds of thousands or a couple of decent signings, most would choose the latter. If the numbers have been crunched and it will pay for itself fair enough, but it doesn't seem like that is what has happened here. Bonkers.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are we also rebuilding the Old Grandstand?

Attachments