• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

St. James Park - Championship Ground

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
In answer to my question above I found this article giving a resume of what has happened at Chiefs and how it is financed from May this year

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
In answer to my question above I found this article giving a resume of what has happened at Chiefs and how it is financed from May this year

Their debts have subsequently led to them selling a big percentage of the hotel to Tony Rowe to maintain liquidity.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
No parking and players meet at the training ground a bus it in. Coach approaches OTR met with ecfc fans, red flares and smoke bombs! No? 🤣
Yes! Coach parks in the bay under the stand, as does the away one after it's passed the 'welcome to Hell' banners.

tavyred

I agree, If we ever did reach the champ and managed to stay there then surely ground sharing at sandy park would be a viable option even if on a temporary basis. Bristol city amongst others ground share with the egg chasers so I’d imagine it’s possible for us aswell especially if financial difficulties hit the chiefs.
I believe Drivers-Jonas gave an estimated buy-in cost for a ground share with the Chiefs all them years ago, it was irrelevant at the time as the Chiefs were on the up and why would they be interested. A potentially somewhat different situation now I would suggest.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I believe Drivers-Jonas gave an estimated buy-in cost for a ground share with the Chiefs all them years ago, it was irrelevant at the time as the Chiefs were on the up and why would they be interested. A potentially somewhat different situation now I would suggest.
£20 million at the time, if my memory serves me correct.

The biggest problem is, it wouldn't be a ground share. Believe you me, Tony Rowe would want primacy at all times. We would always be the poor relation and he would always call the shots.

Fine if you're happy with that. Personally, no thanks.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

The biggest problem is, it wouldn't be a ground share. Believe you me, Tony Rowe would want primacy at all times. We would always be the poor relation and he would always call the shots.

Primacy is not the only issue, there would also be the commercial levy that they would put on ECFC for using their facilities. If we were using the same facilities as them, it stands to reason, that we would be after the same commercial pound as them. In which case, that would make us direct competitors for the same money. In such circumstances it would be foolish of Tony Rowe not to want to screw us for every penny that he could. On this basis, I cannot see that we would ever get a commercially favourable deal from working with them. In which case, we might be better off where we are!

CWH-NYC_

Is correct.

tavyred

Totally agree with you there actually.
It depends on how big a financial meltdown the Chiefs are in and ergo how desperate they are for a partner. The recent asset sale may very well do the trick and this conversation is immaterial, but the Chiefs have a shrinking fixture list, decreasing attendances and are currently offloading players in order to tackle an alleged £1 million per month wage bill.
Sandy Park must be an expensive old place to run for a mere 15 or so matches a season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree with you there actually.
It depends on how big a financial meltdown the Chiefs are in and ergo how desperate they are for a partner. The recent asset sale may very well do the trick and this conversation is immaterial, but the Chiefs have a shrinking fixture list, decreasing attendances and are currently offloading players in order to tackle an alleged £1 million per month wage bill.
Sandy Park must be an expensive old place to run for a mere 15 or so matches a season.
My heart bleeds.

tavyred

My heart bleeds.
Indeed.
One day you’re **** of the walk,the next just a feather duster.
The Chiefs fire sale continues with the announcement this afternoon of the transfer of Dave Ewers to Ulster.
The ‘tribe’ ain’t happy! 😎