• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Some old pictures

I was there in the cowshed. Great times. Also went to the Lincoln away game on the last day of the season.

I was there in the cowshed. Great times. Also went to the Lincoln away game on the last day of the season.
And most home games that season. Unfortunately living 200+ miles away limits the games I can attend and I get to more away games than home games these days.

Exehausted

Well you didn’t miss anything Olds. I was booked on that trip too. But it was all cancelled when City had a match rearranged for when the trip to Luxembourg was on. So we all got our deposits back!
I was living in London then and me and a mate went on that trip. It was the first time that there had been a huge following for the National team, although club sides had experienced large followings. We met at (I think ) Victoria coach station and we left at about 10pm at night and a lot of people were already very drunk. The coach I was on had two drivers with the coach being from Bideford. The main driver was tricked into going. His boss told him to drop some passengers in London and to take his passport because he would be taking some Marines abroad. He told his boss he wouldn't take a bunch of football hooligans to Luxembourg, but his boss dropped it on him at 7pm that night. It was very rowdy as we pulled away and he stopped and said " If you B......ds don't sit down and shut up I'm going no further." We were blocking the exit for another 20 or so coaches and it was a tense couple of minutes! We got to Calais about 5.30 in the morning and drove straight through the middle of Paris before the rush hour kicked in. We got to the Principality at lunchtime. Someone said they knew where the team was staying so about 10 of us walked about 2 miles to the Hotel and we all just walked into Reception and sat down. No security and the staff never said a word. Emlyn Hughes and Terry McDermott walked in and we had a chat with them and got their autographs. Sadly there was a lot of trouble before and during the match. England were awful and only won 2-0 and we needed more and lost out to Italy and failed to qualify. It's hard to imagine now but that's how slack things were then. It all changed after that.