• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Some old pictures

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Incidentally the aforementioned Stuart Brailey also had a Video Rental Shop in Monks Rd at about the same time, In View Video. i was a member of that establishment 😎

Oldsmobile-88

Was Bob Palmer's nickname Oberon ? :cool:
Ha...Dropped a L 😎

I wonder if Bobs still about. A real character with a bit of a short fuse at times. He sat near me in the Doble for years.

One memory of Bob in the Near Post was asking for my deposit back for a coach trip the club were running to watch England in Luxembourg(Sept 1977) I was 16, my parents refused to give me the rest of the money when they heard where I was travelling to. Bob was not best pleased giving me back my fiver & messing around 😁

Colesman Ballz

Found a photo of the opening of the Video Rental Shop in the former Near Post Club Shop. It was called Near Post Video Shop.
Photo from November 1982.

View attachment 13404
Great photo. I had no idea that our players were such early pioneers of "Movember" 41 years ago !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Incidentally the aforementioned Stuart Brailey also had a Video Rental Shop in Monks Rd at about the same time, In View Video. i was a member of that establishment 😎
Didn’t he end up in court for renting out some ‘under-the-counter’ vids?!

Oldsmobile-88

Didn’t he end up in court for renting out some ‘under-the-counter’ vids?!
That rings a bell...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did Bob used to have a big mop of black hair and a son who either worked on the turnstiles or, maybe, sold 50-50 tickets?

Oldsmobile-88

Did Bob used to have a big mop of black hair and a son who either worked on the turnstiles or, maybe, sold 50-50 tickets?
Yes...His son did work on the turnstiles.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can't remember the Club Shop at the back of the Big Bank 😮

Any Exewebbers in the picture?

Oldsmobile-88

Any Exewebbers in the picture?
I spy Tim Long.

Martin Weiler

Ha...Dropped a L 😎

I wonder if Bobs still about. A real character with a bit of a short fuse at times. He sat near me in the Doble for years.

One memory of Bob in the Near Post was asking for my deposit back for a coach trip the club were running to watch England in Luxembourg(Sept 1977) I was 16, my parents refused to give me the rest of the money when they heard where I was travelling to. Bob was not best pleased giving me back my fiver & messing around 😁
Well you didn’t miss anything Olds. I was booked on that trip too. But it was all cancelled when City had a match rearranged for when the trip to Luxembourg was on. So we all got our deposits back!