• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP redevelopment

David Treharne

anyone know maurice to ask him? doubt that he posts on exeweb somehow.

would be interested in making the effort to get to the exhibition, but as i am guilty of not living in exeter then above posts suggest i am not welcome despite being a trust member and season ticket holder! Hopefully if us foreigners are not given permission to attend then some of us fortunate enough to live in the big city will pass on the info to the exeweb masses.
I promised that I would only post any information that I got at the meeting...however, I think that your assumption is wrong, Richard. I think that the Club would welcome any general comments from all those attending, and as far as I was led to understand there will be no restriction on entrance or participation. As to Maurice (and this is not intended as personal abuse) I really do have difficulty in understanding what he has to say, but I suspect that the comments may have been about when the OG was 'rebuilt'.[i.e.1925]
Clearly the neighbours are an important constituent in ongoing debate about the matter - but it's certainly true that Trust members have an equally important part to play. Interestingly the meeting was non political - indeed neither of our Councillors turned up- but it's worth pointing out that they are both very supportive and one is a Trust member. It would, however, be interesting to know what the representatives from the University and the City Council made of the debate.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
fair enough, will try and get there for the saturday. will be nice to see what maybe possible.

David Treharne

Dunno what the circulation has been, but I received a flyer today which is entitled "St James Park Stadium - What next?" which is printed on 120 gram paper with a picture of Ed Chorlton saying " We really do need and value your opinion" before going on to invite "locals" to the meeting that I mentioned above. It plays heavily on the wish to consult with the " local community in arriving at the best decisions to achieve an asset that..... provides the whole community of Exeter with the facility of which we can all be proud" It also presses home the messages "We own our football club" and "No ordinary football club". I'll try and scan the whole thing in tomorrow.
Be interesting to see what reaction I get tomorrow from other locals, and how far the Board go in their avowed intention to involve themselves in the developments that are taking place with regard to the establishment of a community forum.

Poultice

which is printed on 120 gram paper
Glossy or matte ?

Red Nose

Interesting DT. Living in Newtown (about 0.5m from SJP) I've not received anything in the post.

I am facinated by the next stages though, as I firmly believe that how the development pans out will define the future of the club.

David Treharne

Glossy or matte ?
Oh, very definitely gloss. The picture of Ed Chorlton is pure DCC. As for Newtown the assurance that this flyer gives is that " there will be knowledgeable members of the Club available to show you around and asnwer your questions" Question is, who is that likely to be?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I'm really worried about is the away end. Really is a shambles.

Talking of shambles, the OG will soon become one. Literally! :D

Quite right, a nice 2000 seat stand would do nicely. And a two teir stand (two small tiers) with some exec boxes in the middle would be a fine replacement for the OG...

We can only dream lol

i8cornwall

who cares about the away end, we don't have to stand on it!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Glossy or matte ?
Doesn't matter too much as there is a missing word in the final line of the first paragraph:-