• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP redevelopment

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you want to know any more you could try asking Maurice Wright since he was there and interupted Mr. Chorlton several times..
Out of interest, what appeared to be Maurices bone of contention Dave?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
thanks for your post David, is the exhibition in june open to all fans to attend?

Saint James

thanks for your post David, is the exhibition in june open to all fans to attend?
This consultation will be for residents. The club will post details soon on how/when the general consultation will take place for fans.

Grecian Max

Can we at least have a couple of things to talk about?

Are the ideas just for the OG/away end/both/neither?

AndyB

This consultation will be for residents. The club will post details soon on how/when the general consultation will take place for fans.
I can certainly understand why the Club want sto get the local residents on side regarding the redevelopments.

What would prevent any City fan from attending the exhibition during 17th/18th June?

iscalad

I can certainly understand why the Club want sto get the local residents on side regarding the redevelopments.

What would prevent any City fan from attending the exhibition during 17th/18th June?
Probably need a retina scan to prove you live in St. James. :)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think they can refuse entry to anyone, I know you certainly can't be refused entry to council planning meetings so I'd be very surprised if you would be refused entry to this.

However this isn't a local govt. body or official planning meeting, this is the football club. But I would be mightily surprised if our trust-owned club ejected supporters. That would make NO sense at all. (Not that I think for one second that they would do such a thing.)

David Treharne

Although not strictly to the point about the re-development of SJP, in the 'brain storming' session which was the preface to Mr Chorlton's announcement, there had been very little mention of concerns of residents about SJP itself, indeed the only direct reference was to an improvement of St James Park Halt by Network Rail in view of the impending development of the Cranbrook area. There appeared to be support from this, and some understanding by those that I talked to that the Halt was a greatly underused facility. Other than that there seemed to be general agreement that during the last seven years the Football Club had become a better neighbour.
In a more general sense "parking" was seen to be an ongoing issue for residents- but again this seemed not to have anything specifically to do with 'football' so much as poor parking enforcement and the large number of 'static parking' by students who brought cars to the City but left them parked in roads without use for whole terms.

P.S. As I said last night Maurice Wright is you man if you want more details of what was said........

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
anyone know maurice to ask him? doubt that he posts on exeweb somehow.

would be interested in making the effort to get to the exhibition, but as i am guilty of not living in exeter then above posts suggest i am not welcome despite being a trust member and season ticket holder! Hopefully if us foreigners are not given permission to attend then some of us fortunate enough to live in the big city will pass on the info to the exeweb masses.

RobG

Im just going to say I want to move to the area but will see these before moving in