• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn’t get too giddy, he did well against 10 man Shrewsbury whose attacking intent was about as sharp as a blunt sword.
He still gave Bolton their first goal in the previous game by being out of position and has been terrible all season.
How he is now starting ahead of Chieck, only Caldwell knows.
Aimson kept us in the game in the first half against Bolton and if it wasn't for Sonny's two goals would have been man of the match. For the goal he was marking Aaron Collins who came short to receive into feet, Aimson went with him and then passed him on when he laid it off, doing his job at not allowing Collins to turn. The runner in behind actually ran off of Sonny and straight through the midfield who didn't pick him up. It was good movement from Bolton to create the space but no one tracked the midfield runner. That's a break down in communication, Sonny should have made sure Woods and Carroll knew the runner was coming. It seems very easy still to blame Aimson who hasn't had anywhere near as bad a season as some make out.

grecIAN Harris

I wouldn’t get too giddy, he did well against 10 man Shrewsbury whose attacking intent was about as sharp as a blunt sword.
He still gave Bolton their first goal in the previous game by being out of position and has been terrible all season.
How he is now starting ahead of Chieck, only Caldwell knows.
He was the main reason we were in a position to have a chance of digging out a result on Saturday.

Antony Moxey

Maybe, but, tell me which defender is “consistent” in our side. They are all consistent in their inconsistency , thats why they are in league 1. Aimson has had a poorish mid season, but has got his game back recently, but that wont stop some criticising every little error. Have a look at Boltons 2nd goal last week, who was outjumped at the backpost?? No mention on here of that i see !!!
So basically because everyone else isn’t very good then why should Aimson be any different? Fancy wanting our players to be good.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
The whole back line had shifted to the left and didn't align itself quickly enough for the first Bolton goal.I was disappointed with Woods not being able to put the goalscorer off though.

STURTZ

He was the main reason we were in a position to have a chance of digging out a result on Saturday.
Quite right, in the first half a Bolton forward broke through and must have been odds on to score, it was Aimson that slid back to tackle him drawing applause from the big bank. No mean feat.
He's probably in for Cheik because he's more mobile and can pass the ball better.

denzel

OK so seeing that Luton were also cruising at 3-0 at half time maybe we did well to see it out 😆

tonykellowfan

I have great memories of a game at Luton when we were 2-0 down and got it back to 2-2. We then sang "we're gonna win 3-2", which we duly did.

fred binneys head

I have great memories of a game at Luton when we were 2-0 down and got it back to 2-2. We then sang "we're gonna win 3-2", which we duly did.
Sercombe.

kuznetsov

Sercombe.
I remember it. Wave after wave of attacks. The third goal was inevitable. Think big Clinton Morrison got the first.

Quite right, in the first half a Bolton forward broke through and must have been odds on to score, it was Aimson that slid back to tackle him drawing applause from the big bank. No mean feat.
He's probably in for Cheik because he's more mobile and can pass the ball better.
Quite wrong I’d say. Mobile? The amount of times Aimson has been caught stood still in no man’s land this season has been ridiculous, and for a Centre half usually playing in a three.
He only needs to pass it 3 yards in front of him to Carroll or Woods. Which to be fair is all our Centre half’s need to do, when GC realises none of them and especially Aimson are not L1 level Franz Beckenbaur’s.