• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Simple really, 3 points please.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Gary Caldwell tried to play down the potential importance of tonight. However, with Cheltenham not playing, win tonight and we could be at least 9 points clear of the drop zone which feels like a pretty comfortable margin at this stage of the season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why do we have to have this referee, surely he shouldn't be allowed anywhere next an Exeter game?

Preview, referee details, and interviews

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Gary Caldwell tried to play down the potential importance of tonight. However, with Cheltenham not playing, win tonight and we could be at least 9 points clear of the drop zone which feels like a pretty comfortable margin at this stage of the season.
For me, tonight isn't so much about the relegation battle in itself, but arresting this slide of 5 matches without a win, which if we fail to win, would go to six matches without a win.

We cannot afford to lose tonight, we must at least pick up a point, but we imho desperately need a win. I am really concerned if we go six matches without a win after tonight, as it heaps more pressure on Saturday and beyond.

JW57++

I was feeling optimistic about this evening until I read who the ref was. It seems as if the league are keeping him away from Exeter home games. I wonder why.

robchave

Why do we have to have this referee, surely he shouldn't be allowed anywhere next an Exeter game?

Perhaps, GC should suggest to our forwards that they should give the referee 'opportunities', in the Shrewsbury box, to even things up? We haven't had a penalty for ages.

tom_ecfc

Odds on a penalty in this match please...

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

This ref is an accident waiting to happen & club should make it known it is unacceptable to have this chump unless of course he gives us 2 pens !

OMG. This clown. I'm off to the bookies shortly to place my Cheltenham bets for day one and will put Shrewsbury in my accumulater.
If there is another appalling decision from this man I feel GC will be facing a ban for his actions.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
OMG. This clown. I'm off to the bookies shortly to place my Cheltenham bets for day one and will put Shrewsbury in my accumulater.
If there is another appalling decision from this man I feel GC will be facing a ban for his actions.
If he does what he has done to us twice (we got an FA sorry letter for both I believe) GC might be enjoying delights of a cell in Shrewsbury!