• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Genuinely don't ever use cash, is for Ludites

Apple Pay baby
Apple is a god awful company.

Grecian Max

Apple is a god awful company.
Hard disagree as I write on my Apple Studio Display

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I just mentioned this on another thread. 32 goals difference with 8 games to go is quite astonishing and needs remedying next year
Agree with this Max. Whether you like GC or not I don't think anyone can argue that our lack of goalscoring this year must significantly improve next year. I am a supporter of the board, GC and the recruitment team, and think we actually had a good January window. However; ultimately in the Summer window and still the January window we failed to get in the forwards that were needed. I know there are a number of reasons for this, but this has to be sorted out this Summer.

Having said that, I am trying to look at things in a positive light, and really think if we are able to add a couple of quality attacking players this summer, then we aren't far off being a good side.

iscalad

Hard disagree as I write on my Apple Studio Display
Well as Steve Jobs didn't say "there's one born every minute"

Squeezebox

Genuinely don't ever use cash, is for Ludites

Love people like you when I'm out busking!!

Leads

Agree with this Max. Whether you like GC or not I don't think anyone can argue that our lack of goalscoring this year must significantly improve next year. I am a supporter of the board, GC and the recruitment team, and think we actually had a good January window. However; ultimately in the Summer window and still the January window we failed to get in the forwards that were needed. I know there are a number of reasons for this, but this has to be sorted out this Summer.

Having said that, I am trying to look at things in a positive light, and really think if we are able to add a couple of quality attacking players this summer, then we aren't far off being a good side.
It's such a big if though... I'm sure we will go do the route of trying to max out in the loan market and get a load of PL loanees in. Then there's the natural churn of players being out of contract and moving on. I think we will have quite a different starting XI come August.

Grecian2K

Oh, and incidentally Max, Luddite has TWO d's.
Perhaps you need to dig behind your sofa for some "ancient" coinage and nip down your nearest charity shop for a discarded copy of a proper printed dictionary, rather than rely of "AppleSpell"?
Yours sincerely
Ned.

denzel

Oh, and incidentally Max, Luddite has TWO d's.
Perhaps you need to dig behind your sofa for some "ancient" coinage and nip down your nearest charity shop for a discarded copy of a proper printed dictionary, rather than rely of "AppleSpell"?
Yours sincerely
Ned.
People who aren't Luddites don't need to spell, they can just get AI to write it..

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
People who aren't Luddites don't need to spell, they can just get AI to write it..
Maybe we could play all our games on AI and win them all 5-0.

Grecian2K

True. But it would inevitably in American spellings and if the Don (with the undoubted aid of Vlad) takes over in the White House probably in Cyrillic script as well.
A dead give away.