• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
IIrc, it goes back further. At one time, in a previous life, the Club itself had an early form of forum on what was then the official website. When R & L began to get 'found out' people started discussing same on that old forum and, in a very short space of time, the terrible two had the forum closed down.

Subsequently, Exeweb began (as I said, iirc) in order to give City fans a voice on the web, under the hand of Steve Morris who was Exeweb's owner for many years.

Others may be able to remember those times?
Interesting Juan. I'd forgotten Steve Morris. Is he still around? I seem to recall also reading and posting on another site which possibly fizzled out. I think I came in from the cold after that in 04.

dontpassback

IIrc, it goes back further. At one time, in a previous life, the Club itself had an early form of forum on what was then the official website. When R & L began to get 'found out' people started discussing same on that old forum and, in a very short space of time, the terrible two had the forum closed down.

Subsequently, Exeweb began (as I said, iirc) in order to give City fans a voice on the web, under the hand of Steve Morris who was Exeweb's owner for many years.

Others may be able to remember those times?
I can remember then,and I also remember the Swansea fan who came onto the forum explaining what mike Lewis was up to and what he would do next.very valuable input from him,but I cannot remember his name.

Juan Kerr

Interesting Juan. I'd forgotten Steve Morris. Is he still around? I seem to recall also reading and posting on another site which possibly fizzled out. I think I came in from the cold after that in 04.
Yes, he's still around afaik. I have heard his name occasionally in despatches and he still follows City, although he has been an exile for yonks. I think he gave up Exeweb, as many of us do give things up, as a result of starting a family.

Juan Kerr

I can remember then,and I also remember the Swansea fan who came onto the forum explaining what mike Lewis was up to and what he would do next.very valuable input from him,but I cannot remember his name.
Ooh thanks, that jogged my memory and I too recall the Swansea fan now, although I can't help you with the name I'm afraid. I struggle remembering my own these days. ;)

LOG

Wasn’t it Swansea Jack or something like that? I found this whilst trying to check:

Red Devon

Dangerous Davis.

Juan Kerr

Dangerous Davis.
YES!! That's the one!! :)(y)(y)

dontpassback

Dangerous Davis.
Thanks red devon

David Treharne

I've really no wish to prolong this thread, BUT....

Politically the Onward Blog is probably right of centre in its outlook.

DB9

I've really no wish to prolong this thread, BUT....

Politically the Onward Blog is probably right of centre in its outlook.
If only those who own the clubs thought the same but they don't