• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Tickets 23/24 season

wiveygrecian

Wow, much closer to last season than I thought it would be.
We will beat last seasons!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hear Leyton Orient with their 9.2k stadium are capping ST sales at 4.5K in order to keep 3K matchday tickets available for punters on an ad hoc basis. Might be a necessity for us to do the same if our current ST sales become the norm. I’m guessing front loading ticket revenues is a potential problem for the clubs cash flow later in the season perhaps?
One issue is that well over half our capacity is standing terraces and we have well under 3,000 seats available for ST sale. All seated stadiums have different dynamics and revenue mix.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will beat last seasons!
Loving the confidence. Pint awaits if that happens :)

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow, much closer to last season than I thought it would be.
Indeed so. I predicted 2.6-2.7k . This is excellent.

Pete Martin (CTID)

One issue is that well over half our capacity is standing terraces and we have well under 3,000 seats available for ST sale. All seated stadiums have different dynamics and revenue mix.
If we finally sell, say, 3.5k STs, that still leaves 4.5k (and a bit) for open sale. I think those that have STs are, in the main, more likely to turn up and "POTG" punters may be more dissuaded at the last minute by, say, the weather or other things.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Last day for the early bird offer tomorrow.

tavyred

If we finally sell, say, 3.5k STs, that still leaves 4.5k (and a bit) for open sale. I think those that have STs are, in the main, more likely to turn up and "POTG" punters may be more dissuaded at the last minute by, say, the weather or other things.
Need to knock off the 1000 plus away support areas from that 4.5K figure Pete. Sold out home areas combined with half empty away stands equals even more lost income. 🤷‍♂️

Nigel E

You can see the problem most clearly if you look at the seats currently available for purchase as "new" season tickets. It would be pretty difficult to get a pair of seats with much elevation or near the centre of the pitch.

Although the "early bird" offer is usually a good cost saver, I might be tempted to advise someone purchasing new season tickets (i.e. not someone renewing) to wait until after 2nd June and see what seats the non-renewers have made available. A bit risky but you might be able to bag some good seats.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need to knock off the 1000 plus away support areas from that 4.5K figure Pete. Sold out home areas combined with half empty away stands equals even more lost income. 🤷‍♂️
1,200 away (350 seats, 950 standing). Also all the hospitality, boxes, boardroom, press, disabled seats.

As Nigel says, it's going to be difficult to get a good pair of seats as STs, let alone a larger group. At some point the Club may need to move some ST holders sideways or up/down a few places to create more pairs of seats, eg (X = available place)

ST X ST X ST X ST X ST X (no pairs available)

versus

ST ST X X ST ST X X (2 pairs available)

When we were planning the move to the SASS customers were asked to consider this issue, but I'm not sure what the current situation is, ie how many if any such pairs could be crated.

Fareham Grecian

1,200 away (350 seats, 950 standing). Also all the hospitality, boxes, boardroom, press, disabled seats.

As Nigel says, it's going to be difficult to get a good pair of seats as STs, let alone a larger group. At some point the Club may need to move some ST holders sideways or up/down a few places to create more pairs of seats, eg (X = available place)

ST X ST X ST X ST X ST X (no pairs available)

versus

ST ST X X ST ST X X (2 pairs available)

When we were planning the move to the SASS customers were asked to consider this issue, but I'm not sure what the current situation is, ie how many if any such pairs could be crated.
Yep. When I book tickets to the cinema, the online booking system won’t let me leave just one seat free to an existing booking - either no gap or two seats. It’d be sensible to do this with STs (if we don’t already)