• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scott Brown joins as player GK coach

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given he didn't feature in the game last night, can we assume he's Rotherham bound?
He was filmed by the media team going into the ground before the game.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given he didn't feature in the game last night, can we assume he's Rotherham bound?
The fact that after 48 hours of detailed negotiations etc the outcome is that only MT and WC are joining Rotherham makes me think Scott Brown is here until at least January. He may have been more use as an additional coach last night and/or it was an opportunity for Blackman and Ed James to play together.

Positives about him staying include MJ's post match interview in which he specifically mentions Scott Brown being involved in talking to MJ and Sweenz to update them (and thus the rest of the players)

Negatives include the fact that MT mentions in his interview at Rotherham that they have an interim goalkeeping coach who may not be around for much longer....

Philecfc

Call me naive but I like to think that Matt wants Scott but knows it would leave in a bit of shit and has agreed that he will follow at a later date when we find a replacement second keeper

Number13

Hmmm, an odd one as he should have played last night if he is staying

He should stay as a player until we can sign a replacement as its clearly in ours and Harry Lees best interests to be playing at Dorchester rather than warming our bench

He can then go Rotherham

But would we then need to sign two people - a cover GK so maybe a loan from above and a new GK coach?

But also, whats his mindset like if he wanted to go and couldnt?

Steve H

Could Scott Brown go to Rotherham before January?
As he's registered as a player does the transfer window come into play (I.e it's closed)

Colesman Ballz

Could Scott Brown go to Rotherham before January?
As he's registered as a player does the transfer window come into play (I.e it's closed)
Can't see us letting him go anywhere without a replacement back up keeper in place, and we can't sign one of those before the January window unless they are a free agent.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading the Rotherham Forum its been suggested that permission has been sought from the EFL for us to be able to sign a replacement GK. This would enable us to release Scott. That would of course solve one problem of a reserve GK but doesn't solve the issue that we need a GK coach. However, maybe Jon Hill still has Peter Schmeichel on his contacts list :)

Alistair20000

Can't see us letting him go anywhere without a replacement back up keeper in place, and we can't sign one of those before the January window unless they are a free agent.
Is there still a rule that you can sign a GK on an emergency loan outside transfer windows when all the first team squad keepers are unavailable ?

P.S. I appreciate I should ask really ask Pate this. :)

Colesman Ballz

Is there still a rule that you can sign a GK on an emergency loan outside transfer windows when all the first team squad keepers are unavailable ?

P.S. I appreciate I should ask really ask Pate this. :)
I can't quote you chapter and verse on this ,(any more than Pate could I imagine). Possibly we wouldn't be allowed to with Lee out on loan who theoretically can be recalled ? I am open to correction on this however from those more knowledgeable than myself on the regs. :unsure:

tom_ecfc

100% MT is in for Scott Brown in Januay. Listen to the end of his interview here…