• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sausages

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tivvy chipolatas (y)

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I did try the Andouillette in Arras off the menu du terroir. It was tasty but smelt rather strange.

I have not partaken of them since.
It’s the smell, apparently, that puts people off. A friend ordered one in a small French village restaurant without knowing what it was. He says that the locals laughed at him then all sat watching him eat it. He didn’t manage to finish.

Alistair20000

It’s the smell, apparently, that puts people off. A friend ordered one in a small French village restaurant without knowing what it was. He says that the locals laughed at him then all sat watching him eat it. He didn’t manage to finish.
Matey should have finished the meal, wiped lips with napkin and said “Pas mal ca.” And then put two fingers up to the locals. V for victory sign of course.

(boffin)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I just made a version of the Toulouse sausage as a sausage pattie. I was missing some of the ingredients (there was no way I was going out n to the snow to pick thyme!). Was okay, just not sure about having garlic in sausages though.

iscalad

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
A thread on sausages runs to three pages before I spot it.

I bloody LOVE sausages, me. I was eulogising about Boerewors the other evening with the only recorded example of a couple of South African vegetarians.

iscalad

A thread on sausages runs to three pages before I spot it.

I bloody LOVE sausages, me. I was eulogising about Boerewors the other evening with the only recorded example of a couple of South African vegetarians.
I think the mods should be told.....oh!

iscalad

grecIAN Harris

I quite like the Tesco caramilised onion.

Terryhall

I second the early vote for the humble bratwurst (the key question being, does one take ones bratwurst with a blob of ketchup, or with a blob of mustard?) - I won't offend any St Gallen natives by opening the debate around veal or otherwise (but connossieurs would be advised to check out the Olma Bratwurst (and a true native St Galler would urge you to combine this with ketchup, although this humble correspondent would suggest that mustard is an equally delicious option)

I also regularly visit tibits which is a vegi restaurant founded in Switzerland (but has at least one UK branch in London) and I can also wholeheartedly vouch for their seitan chipolata which is about as fine an example of a vegetarian sausage as I have yet found (and before anyone asks what the point is of a vegetarian sausage, the answer is the relative CO2 footprint of production)