• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryder Cup....

southamptongrecian

The Ryder Cup is a great few days of sport.

Europe should win by 2 or 3 points, but never underestimate the yanks, they may have a weak side on paper but they wont go down without a fight. Dont be surprised to see them win by 1 point.

remember this post Sunday night.

tisdale 1

Resigned
is the ryder cup every year?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
is the ryder cup every year?
Every 2 years. Used to be during odd-numbered years, but was put back a year in 2001 after 9/11.

tisdale 1

Resigned
Every 2 years. Used to be during odd-numbered years, but was put back a year in 2001 after 9/11.
oh right cheers[y]

Brian Moore

I dont think the score was 9-11, i'm pretty sure you have to get 14 1/2 points to win.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That's why they put it back a year - realised Europe had forgotten to send enough players!

Brian Moore

Anyone else "watching" the BBC text coverage whilst allegedly working?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'm listening to it on t'radio.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Europe 2 up in two of the foursomes, and the USA are 1 up in the other two. Westwood and Garcia are currently trailing, and therefore I reckon we will finish these with the scores at Europe 2 1/2 vs USA 1 1/2

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately we're probably going to only have a half point from this mornings play.

Its the one time I f****** HATE the Americans (that and the fact I was engaged to one of their pyschotic citizens some years back!)

All the "U.S.A., U.S.A" - overweight idiots in awful t-shirts shouting "IN THE HOLE" on a Par 5 when an American is just teeing off!
The American players wifes,trying to smile for the cameras, comparing the recent botched plastic surgery jobs, and pretending to adore one another.
The "fist-tap"- the most feeble of sporting gestures, by the American team after winning (or losing) a hole.

I know Monty can be a pain in the arse, but i LOVED him going over there and beating the Americans be it in foursomes/ fourballs/ or single matchplay.

It doesnt help that Europe have a tit as captain in Faldo, in the words of Mr Keegan "I'd LOVE IT" if we beat them.