• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder why the club invested in his new personalized training kit, if he is definitely off to the Dongs ? ;)
Perhaps Joma do "Sale or Return"?

Grecian2K

Or, alternatively, there's always the lecture circuit.......................

http://www.cliftonhigh.bristol.sch.uk/Sports-Podium-talk-with-professional-footballer-Mr-Ryan-Harley
I wonder if the Cirencester Agricultural College have also booked him for a special talk...
'How To Milk A Concrete Cow (for all that it's worth)"

Antony Moxey

Yes thank you Mr Moxey I am quite aware of what 'common knowledge' means, thankfully my education allowed me that. If you look back at my original post I did say it was 'fairly common knowledge' not that it was completely common knowledge although that is down to interpretation I guess on what you class 'fairly' as, but the facts are that there has been 7 pages on this forum alone discussing his 'move' to MK Dons without factoring in everyday conversations between fans in the street, at work, at football matches etc, etc as well as on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook from the ECFC side. Also factor in that there is significant discussions going on from the MK Dons side from all those same mediums then it probably is fair to say that it is fairly common knowledge that Ryan Harley is going to MK Dons although as you righty say it hasn't been officially confirmed yet.........

For reference as the fan ‘communities’ of both Exeter City FC and MK Dons are relatively small with respect to big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc I would hazard a guess that there are more people who actually follow news on these 2 club who are aware of the Ryan Harley to MK Dons news than aren’t aware of it, hence it being ‘fairly common knowledge.
If you know the definition then you’ll know it’s not common knowledge then, fairly or not. At the moment it really is no more than a rumour - one that might well turn out to be correct - but it’s still a rumour nonetheless. Unless of course you can prove why you think it’s a certainty, because right now there’s been nothing official from either club, either manager or the player himself.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley was in is training vid so that doesnt suggest is a done deal

dontpassback

Tisdale is also signing another midfielder called Davison who will team up with Harley to kick start the midfield !!

Grecian2K

Tisdale is also signing another midfielder called Davison who will team up with Harley to kick start the midfield !!
You might regard that post as something of a Triumph but, frankly, it's just Nort On. If the BSA* isn't careful he'll find himself without a club and end up match-less this season.

*Bristolian Smart Ass

Spoonz Red E

You might regard that post as something of a Triumph but, frankly, it's just Nort On. If the BSA* isn't careful he'll find himself without a club and end up match-less this season.

*Bristolian Smart Ass
"... we’ve had two years of good economics on top of the cycle but it will change again soon" Paul Tisdale 28 May 2018

ecfc70

Has he gone yet.......And for how much?

iscalad

It has been fairly common knowledge for a least 3 weeks that Harley is off to MK Dons but whether we get a small fee or not I don't know. Personally I thank Ryan Harley for some wonderful memories and service to the club but I won't be losing any sleep over him leaving at this stage of his career. It should free up some more budget MT to use to get in the players he wants which after looking at what he has done so far I am more than happy with. :)
I'm fairly common, but I don't know this!

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It might happen but I would think if it is going to it's likely to be announced very soon. If anyone has agreed to go somewhere else there is little point dragging it out, both clubs and the player would benefit from any moves happening asap. The only logical reason for it being announced later is if the deal is currently not agreed and there is haggling over a fee, contract terms etc.