• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like the same Ryan Harley to me, just needs to get his match sharpness and confidence back, he still has it in his locker.

I'm a big fan of the guy however there are aspects of his game that will always frustrate / annoy, he's that sort of player, surely people know he comes with negatives, I'm willing to accept them as he has a touch of class about him.

I'm happy to give him time, we don't have any other options with the ability he has.

One thing I would say is that I think we would get more out of him if we had a different type of player next to him, i.e. a tough midfielder who will do a lot of the donkey work allowing Harley to do what he is good at, someone a bit like James Dunne, we don't have that type of player, I don't think Noble and Harley is a good fit.

Last edited:

DanceMagnet

One thing I would say is that I think we would get more out of him if we had a different type of player next to him, i.e. a tough midfielder who will do a lot of the donkey work allowing Harley to do what he is good at, someone a bit like James Dunne, we don't have that type of player, I don't think Noble and Harley is a good fit.
Would definitely go along with that comment. Never been a great fan of Noble, but Harley would have more freedom with a Dunne-type alongside.

hardi2b

correct me if I am wrong but, was this Noble / Harley midfield partnership source of consternation a few seasons ago?. So the question I pose on the back of a financial transaction that was forseen for weeks before it came about is: have we moved forward as far as playing personnel are concerned?

DanceMagnet

correct me if I am wrong but, was this Noble / Harley midfield partnership source of consternation a few seasons ago?. So the question I pose on the back of a financial transaction that was forseen for weeks before it came about is: have we moved forward as far as playing personnel are concerned?
With Grimes playing well and the team on a good run, I think we had a real chance of making the playoffs, but changing personal and a disruption of form I don' t think we will be consistent enough. Would love to be proved wrong.

On the up

Maybe he's out for today. Heavy training pitches are beginning to take their toll on the lads.

geoffwp

I think Ryan Harley will have a very similar career trajectory to Paul Weller.

Went onto to do some brilliant stuff with The Jam, (Ryan Harley first incarnation at City).

Went through a dodgy & long wilderness period with the Style Council, (Ryan Harley post City).

After a mediocre start PW then went on to do some great stuff again (Ryan Harley City second spell).
This made me smile. I like the comparison IBA, but I feel that Weller would have had a problem with the ubber cool Mod look while sporting a ginger beard. :)

andrew p long

I think Ryan Harley will have a very similar career trajectory to Paul Weller.

Went onto to do some brilliant stuff with The Jam, (Ryan Harley first incarnation at City).

Went through a dodgy & long wilderness period with the Style Council, (Ryan Harley post City).

After a mediocre start PW then went on to do some great stuff again (Ryan Harley City second spell).

Let's hope - could be true - after all....

His start was in the city as an absolute beginner. His play had us saying 'thats entertainment' and its great when you're young.

But frankly his departure was the bitterest pill to swallow.

Since then he's gone all around the world to many a strange town.

Now he's returned to us in the modern world can he again be the five o'clock hero?

STURTZ

That would be a Start!

StroudGrecian

That would be a Start!
Let's hope he's the 5 o'Clock Hero.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe he can be utilised from the bench as a match changing man.